The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

HI,

I could not find any possible way to send an email if the Alteryx workflow is taking more than expected time.

I was wondering if any such feature is available

In my organisation, Alteryx workflow keeps running sometime due to memory issues. It will be great to know about these delay and handle them.

Regards,

Vish

In our private studios and in our home page we see our workflows in grid view by default and can toggle that to list view if we want. 

BUT we can only see our collections and the workflows in them in list view.

Please can you add the ability to view our collections in grid view?

Password is required to execute any command on LLS. Last time we forgot the password, only way to retrieve it was to reinstall the LLS ! 

A command to reset password in LLS should do.

@Kosi @SeanAdams @ydmuley @RajK @LizaNemchynova @Arianna_Fuller @MPistone 

The mongo db back is a working process but I would like to replace individual workflows and not the entire server state.

Hi Alteryx, 

Now, under the Job Tab, it is only show the status of running job.

Suggest to add one new page for showing the run history of each workflow/job.

1. Workflow name

2. Priority 

3. Assigned Worker

4. Start time

5. End time

6. Duration

7. State

8. Job Type (schedule or manual tracker)

9. Owner

10. Message ( e.g. error log)

Best regards,

Samuel

Hi Alteryx,

The scale of the column width in Alteryx Gallery is fixed.

Sometime may not show the whole word of that column, it is very inconvenience.

Samuel_To_0-1575968081800.png

Actually, not only in gallery but also in designer. Like the Manage Data Connections pop-up window. 

Even in 2019.4, the display problem hasn't been improved. 

Can Alteryx improve the UI of gallery and designer asap?

Best Regards,

Samuel To

All of the default values for the RuntimeSettings.xml can be found in the C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\RuntimeSettings.xml.

These values are overridden by the RuntimeSettings.xml file in the ProgramData folder. Unfortunately, there is no “formal” documentation right now.

The suggestion would be to show users the universe of XML tags and their corresponding accepted value configs, and other data related to the XML entity.

Element Name ServiceProviderEntityID -> child of Authentication -> grandchild of SystemSettings

FieldDescription
DefinitionThis is the URL of the Alteryx Gallery authentication service provider.
RequiredYes
Allowed Value Data TypeString
Allow Multiple ValuesNo
XML Example<ServiceProviderEntityID>https://gallery.alteryx.com/aas</ServiceProviderEntityID></ServiceProviderEntityID>

When I added data connection on Alteryx Server, there are many unsorted databases. If it is sorted, it is easy to find.

clipboard_image_0.png

Currently the Gallery does not support Chained Apps or workflows triggered by events or Run Command Tool.

Please enable Chained Apps and flow triggering from Events and Command Tools.

I started building Apps a lot this last year and I have been using events and Run Command Tool for 3 or 4 years regularly.  In both cases I can't migrate most of them to the Gallery because the Apps chain and many flows trigger other flows in before and after events or Run Command Tool.

This should also enable the CReW macros that trigger flows.

I'd like the ability to embed my Alteryx Gallery apps into another webpage (Google Sites, etc.). It would be great to see a feature on the gallery to generate this embed code much like how Tableau uses this feature for dashboards.

Following up on this post (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Server-logs-do-not-include-download-tool... ), inclusion of the activity of the download tool in the Server logs would be very useful in monitoring this high-risk capability within an enterprise tech environment.

Hello,

I think there should be option to test save data connection during setup and after. Perfectly, if there was possibility to schedule connectivity check, however, just adding option to test it manually will be the step forward.

Best,

Piotr

Hello,

I can't find an option in Alteryx Server wizard to enable redirection from http to https. Alteryx Service occupies both ports so I can't (and I don't want) to deploy a redirection on port 80. Such feature would be really helpful if it comes out of the box.

Best,

Piotr

We have installed Server on Azure VM and have looked into options such as a replica AD Domain Controller in the Azure environment for authentication, however, we would like to have Server authenticated using Azure AD.  

When you create an App/Macro locally and give it a custom icon, that icon should follow the App/Macro when you load it into the Gallery.

As a Curator, I need Artisans to be able to create & maintain their own Gallery connections (rather than only Curators)

- My Artisans use their own credentials in their connections

- Their credentials are subject to a periodic reset policy, so they need a self-service capability to update their connection credentials (and sharing settings)

Right now, with LSS, the only thing you can query who has taken seats on licenses (you get user's email and host name).  This is OK, but it would be great if we could get more information than that.  Primarily

• What was the date/time that the user first grabbed that license
  • When was the last date/time the user connected to the license

As you know, there is no way to forcefully remove a license from the LLS (you either have to have user deactivate from Designer, or wait 7 days).  Knowing this information would help admin's know who is actually using the licenses and if someone leaves the company, you can get a countdown until that license is released.

For historical tracking and auditing, I would also like to setup an Alteryx Workflow that puts licensed user information into a table or DB so we have a log of who is using the licenses.

I'd love the ability to have one schedule for a workflow at specific times. 

Currently you have to create 4 different schedules if you'd like a workflow to run at 10 am, 3 pm, 5:30 pm and 11:30 pm and doing this makes the "Scheduled Workflow" section of the server not only cluttered, but a lot more difficult to manage.  (like spotting accidentally duplicated schedules- which also happens more often than i'd like :)

Thanks!

Having the option to disable schedules within the Designer application would be advantageous for we support staff.  Especially when multiple service restarts or server reboots are required.  When we perform migrations or restores or even upgrades or when conducting server maintenance actions.   As we know starting of the Alteryx service immediately queues up workflows to be run based against there schedule times.   When maintenance is being performed we do not want workflows to run, and/or having to wait for completions or have the user to rerun the workflow.   The option to temporarily disable schedules globally with a click of a button is far better then changing the parameters of the schedule or even deleting it.   To go a step further = an internal mongodb administration command to disable/enable schedules would also be helpful at the database level 

Idea:

Using a few designers and registering to the Alteryx Gallery are good fits for micro and small enterprises, from investment vs capability stantd point.

Alteryx Server is suitable for medium to large enterprises with at least 45K USD budget yearly and many alteryx users possibly more than 20...

Don't you think there is a need for something in between? I propose Alteryx mini-server (well we can find a better name hopefully :)

Rationale:

Many Alteryx clients seem to utilize Alteryx designer for ETL,

then some of them further enrich data and model forecasting or predictive modelling.

Before even considering a server they output to a BI server like

• Qlik server or
  • Tabelau server or
  • PowerBI

If there is a need for automation Alteryx designer + Scheduler does all the trick needed.

Once you update everything in a repetitive fachion 100s to 1000s of Qlik or Tableau users can reach to the most uptodate content and discover dashboards...

I believe we can do a similar thing with a mini server...

What to do:

Miniserver.png

Top Liked Authors