Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Email if the Alteryx workflow running from long

HI,

I could not find any possible way to send an email if the Alteryx workflow is taking more than expected time.

I was wondering if any such feature is available

In my organisation, Alteryx workflow keeps running sometime due to memory issues. It will be great to know about these delay and handle them.

Regards,

Vish

2 Comments
revathi
8 - Asteroid

+ 1  

Alteryx Server gives us the ability to cancel jobs that are running beyond xxxx seconds. Would be great if server admins are notified instead of cancelling the job so we can make a decision to either cancel the job or allow it to run depending on use case. 

@vishal_dw2001 As an interim workaround, canvas can be build  with Python script using selenium package and chrome/IE driver can be used to read through the Gallery -> Admins -> Jobs page. Identify all canvases that are currently processed on the server. calculate the execution time based on scheduled time in that page (assuming the canvas didn't wait in queue) and trigger an email to your team if the execution time is > xxxx seconds. 

This canvas can be scheduled to run on your server at regular interval. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Your idea and feedback is appreciated!

Our product team is constantly striving to make our products better, and the user feedback we received is critical in that mission. We recommend checking out our Submission Guidelines as they go into greater depth on the criteria needed for an idea to reach product as well as go over the boards in general. Make sure to also check out other user’s ideas!