The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

API Endpoint to Kill a running Job

My team utilizes the Gallery API extensively and have found that we have processes that the API has listed as actively running, but cannot be found via the Controller's GUI.  As a gallery artisan, I can call flows via API, but cannot cancel these executions unless I reach out to the administrator group to kill them manually. 

It would be extremely helpful to add an endpoint with the ability to submit a specific job GUID and have the server/controller kill the execution of that flow and clear up the server capacity.  This could then be scheduled on a regular basis as a maintenance  task to keep the server clean.

Thanks

1 Comment
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the feedback!

Its great to get feedback on how we can improve our API, though we always appreciate additional feedback from other users as it helps us gauge interest and understand multiple use case. I noticed you're relatively new to the idea boards (welcome!) so be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines if you haven't yet as they go over what to expect after an idea has been submitted in a bit greater detail.