The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

1. view by list instead of icon, can display more items per page 
2. add sorting , like sort by created date, alphabetical order
3. improve the filtering , since there is a bug. The pagination result is wrongly displayed

I am the only Curator and my name is on the 2nd page by default when no filter applied.

When the filter applied, page one showed "There are no users that fit the search criteria" , but my name is showed on the 2nd page.

Gallery1.jpgGallery2.jpg

I would like to request a way to manage API connections. This would mean that API connection strings can be administered in the gallery the way data connections can be created, saved and assigned in gallery. This would help in large organizations, to administer API's within specific groups. This will also help the usage report

API_manager.jpg

If you get server up and running and develop  200 workflows and then schedule them, and then want to change the schedule on one of them, it is a total hassle.  What did I call that workflow? you sit there wondering as you look through a huge list of workflows.

It would help a lot to have the concept of projects / folders / some type of logical grouping so I say, What did I call that workflow? while only looking in the public safety, or HR, or Accounting, or whatever subset of workflows.  I mean, we don't have to go all crazy and have collections, districts, and private studios, but at least one layer of categorization would go a long way in making a proliferation of workflows more manageable. 

Thanks!

I have my  component set to email me if it errors, which is great.  But then when it does bork, I get a 6M email that is impossible to scroll through on a mobile device.  Maybe give an option to only email the error line / tool identifier so you have a better idea of what happened, but don't get war and peace as told by info logging.  

When opening an workflow from the Gallery in Designer, I'd like to be able to filter the search by collection

A little 1 I know, but I'd like an icon on my toolbar where I can open workflows from my company's gallery.  The amount of times I hit the open workflow icon,  to then have to browse the disk.  All my workflows are stored in my company's gallery.

Hello Alteryx,

I know that it wasn't intended to have a long list of people under permission, but because changing a default to viewer, effects everyone we have to manually input everyone we want to have as an artisan.

With this long list it would be nice to sort them accordingly

Permissions tab needs a filter and Sort options.jpg

Thank you

Because of sensitive nature of data we deal with, all of our infrastructure is located in a restricted area. As a result, our Alteryx server can only be accessed on machines with a corporate-built system connected to corporate network unless the access has been authenticated.

What this means is that while I am on my corporate-built laptop, I can access the Gallery node from anywhere as we use Windows login for authentication. However if I wanted to schedule a workflow while connected to a non-corporate network (eg when working from home) I wouldn’t be able to do it because the controller server can't be accessed - it uses http protocol without authentication.

Currently there's no workaround and the situation creates number of challenges for colleagues using the scheduler. It would be great it it was possible to use DirectAccess or alternative way of identifying that the connection is coming from a corporate client.

It would be great for Alteryx to provide the UI to allow the user to maintain the data on the target table through Alteryx. The workflow application would be a standard way to maintain reference data.

This would allow us to deliver a quick way to interface with relational tables. Something similar to the following projects:

- django admin site

- phpgrid

- etc.

This would avoid using Microsoft Access for example for quick table edits and using the simplified Alteryx app instead

I've created a few apps for our company's private gallery for users. These take a couple of minutes to process. Also, some of them have very long lists to choose from. If the user doesn't make all of the selections because they don't realize there are more questions at the bottom, the app fails--but, only after running through the long process time. It would be nice to have:

1) a pop up message that lets them know they haven't answered all the questions ("STOP! You've a few more questions at the bottom to answer before this app can run.")

2) a customizable pop up message once the app is ready to run. These users don't actually use Alteryx, and aren't necessarily tech savvy or patient. Something along the lines of "OK. Now, stand up, stretch, grab a cup of something warm and come back in a minute or two while your app is processing." would be very nice.

Smiley Happy

For a multi tenant Gallery environment it would be great if one could define a dedicated stylesheet / "them" per tenant. Currently, the Gallery allows for only one theme as to be defined in the general admin section of the gallery.

The idea is that we could grab a workflow that had been placed in the scheduler db and then if the workflow is lost as a file then it could be reclaimed from the scheduler db

Currently any workflows/apps published to the gallery can be found via the search function - even when the particular user has no permission to this workflow/app. While this only allows for the non-permisssioned user to see the title, this could still leak information as it allows anyone to find apps published in someone's private gallery.

Both the Alteryx Public Gallery and the Private Gallery product are impacted by this. Additionally this is not just limited to logged in users, but also public viewers of the gallery.

My proposed idea:

1. Force the search function to be permission aware, and only show a user workflows they have permission to see/execute.
  2. Allow for option 1 to be enabled/disabled if there are use cases where anyone should be able to search and find any app/workflow on the server.

Best regards,

Ryan

The SDKs are great and allow the community to expand Alteryx in many ways. I think it would be great to have some way to package these so we could easily share them and provide updates and fixes.

Not sure how many people use the SDKs but being able to easily share and install the output would help up take I think.

When setting custom "Theme" settings for a private gallery, the filter icon seems to be missing. Other similar UI elements are color themable such as the search icon:

search.png

Via the setting here:

themesetting.png

But the filter icon doesn't have a section to set its color to something besides the stock teal:

filter.png

Can we please have this icon be color themable? My customized theme has all of the teal removed, except for this icon.

Thanks,
Ryan

It would be nice to connect multiple Databases from different servers, without configuration of Linked Servers

0 Likes

Please could all log file paths on Server have the option to change their location, including 

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\ErrorLogs\AlteryxE2

To enable all log files to be written to an alternative drive than the installation.

The benefit it to prevent excessive space usage on the C: drive

Support have advised there is no way to alter the path or limit these log files by number or size.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

why didn't you implement the search in the schedules for users, it is available for admins?

for users who have a lot of schedules, it's essential

0 Likes

in version 2019.3, with artisan role, I able to add workflow to collection in the workflow page.

I not sure for later version, but in version 2021.4, only curator can do so. 

If I uploaded a workflow, designer already give me a link to the workflow, hence if I can add the workflow to the collection.

it goes through 2 pages within 2mins (max). it is very fast for me. 

but now, I have to go back to the homepage > collection > add workflow > wait eternal time for server to get the list of workflow > select it > click add.

it extra 5~ steps. with min 10mins extra time. and if the number of workflows larger and larger, 

it has chance that it fails to load the list and have to wait another 10mins, and another and another endless 10mins.

so 2mins > endless 10mins? please add back this feature.

0 Likes

Hello! We just upgraded to 23.2, and I see in v3 an endpoint to start a job (v3/workflows/{id}/jobs) and then another to get that job's status (v3/jobs/{jobID}). Compared to v1, I think the outputs endpoint is missing (v1/jobs/{jobID}/output/{outputID}). I'd love for this to be added so we can upgrade from v1 to v3.