The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

Currently the Gallery does not support Chained Apps or workflows triggered by events or Run Command Tool.

Please enable Chained Apps and flow triggering from Events and Command Tools.

I started building Apps a lot this last year and I have been using events and Run Command Tool for 3 or 4 years regularly.  In both cases I can't migrate most of them to the Gallery because the Apps chain and many flows trigger other flows in before and after events or Run Command Tool.

This should also enable the CReW macros that trigger flows.

Hello,

Currently a workflow sends notifications when is configured to do so (by adding an event in Designer).

I think that there should be an option to add a notification event for a schedule. It makes more sense because:

- I don't need notifications when I run a workflow by myself. I need it for schedules

- Turning on/off a notification is technically a development - it should be a configuration.

Thanks,

Piotr

Wanted to grab some attention here regarding the Alteryx gallery search engine (which also bleeds over into searching for schedules and jobs when troubleshooting). 

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm pasting two pictures (one attachment) of searching our gallery for the word "Contour" and the word "Signal". Both of these words are in the title of a single workflow - when I search for the word "Contour", the workflow pops up. When I use the first word in the workflow, which is "Signal", it doesn't pop up. 

I appreciate all that Alteryx does, but I wouldn't think this should be a difficult issue to fix, and I would imagine there are other frustrations with the functionality here. 

Currently the server diagnostics (http://localhost/gallery/admin/#!diagnosticscovers a narrow time window (from what I can see - only the last few hours)

Current Server Window.jpg

.... and if you attempt to zoom out or pan to see a broader time window - the graph gets smaller, but the data does not grow to fill the remaining space

zoomAndPan.jpg

Please could we request 2 changes:

a) add a time axis on the bottom of this chart so that the user can understand the time dimension 

b) Increase the time available for analytics to an arbitrarily broad set of data (which the admin can configure as a server setup parameter - retention period).   For us - we'd want to keep at least 3 months of data, and be able to view this analytically.

Thank you 

Sean

Everyone on our team would benefit from having access to each other's workflows -- including workflow results and scheduling -- but publishing them to gallery where any user in the company can run it/ download it would present a security issue. Functionality that is not met with Collections. I found a similar idea, but not anything that encompasses the whole thing.

It would be of immense value to have a Team Gallery - something intermediate to the company gallery and the private collection. This would enable our team to have access to modify, publish, schedule workflows as a team.

0 Likes

Allow the server administrator the ability to create named, shared, custom calendars, such as:

-- Holiday Calendar

-- Manufacturing Calendar

-- Accounting Calendar

-- Trading Calendar

--etc

The idea is to have a predefined calendar that can be used, by name, with identified working and non-working days.

0 Likes

Hello,

Now it is possible to share a collection which a user who is not granted to access Alteryx server.

We use AD to grant users access to Alteryx Gallery. However, when a user is not in this group, it is still possible to choose him as a person to share. 

In my opinion, such user should be indicated as someone who won't be able to use a shared collection, or he should be presented at all.

Best,

Piotr

Hello,

I need to monitor which applications are shared with who on regular basis. We follow the 19.2 subscription model to share applications. 

Can you extend server usage reports to include such data?

Best,

Piotr Zawistowski

A nice to have is a connector for Microsoft Flow to trigger workflows.  With Microsoft Flow, users can automate processes, or set conditions that can trigger services across many different providers.  

Having the ability to use a Microsoft Flow can enable alteryx users to run workflows and feed in data that could be used by Microsoft Flow to feed into other processes. 

This would be a game changer for many users.

I'd like the ability to embed my Alteryx Gallery apps into another webpage (Google Sites, etc.). It would be great to see a feature on the gallery to generate this embed code much like how Tableau uses this feature for dashboards.

It would be great if each user could persist their gallery UI sorting/view changes and leave them as default. When I log in I nearly always immediately switch to list view and sort by most recent modified. This means everytime I access a set of workflows there are at least 3 click actions before I can even start working.

0 Likes

When building a complicated or resource heavy workflow, it would really useful to be able to have menu option upon right-clicking a tool output to add all the downstream steps to a container.  With that one option, a user could then

• Pause all the down line tools while troubleshooting or adding and testing an upstream set of tools without having to wait for the remainder of the workflow to play out.
  • Move the entire set of down line tools to make room for more tools upstream.

Following up on this post (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Server-logs-do-not-include-download-tool... ), inclusion of the activity of the download tool in the Server logs would be very useful in monitoring this high-risk capability within an enterprise tech environment.

Please keep in mind that this is a suggestion from a container novice! 🙂

However, our situation is such that our release upgrade deployments are taking significant time to install, test and sign-off from DEV through PROD for the four main life-cycles involved in our server environment. Even if we script the deployment to save time, there's still manual configuration needed to confirm the new version works in the next server environment.

Similar to how Promote can deploy from DEV through PROD using images/containers, my suggestion is to package the Server components into images/containers that can be similarly deployed through the life-cycles. While the container with mongoDB doesn't need to move to the next life-cycle, the containers with the web server, load balancer, and engine nodes could move with the click of a button. And if needed, reverted to prior version with similar ease.

I forgot to ask about this idea at the UX lab during Inspire, but would be very happy to hear if it's already in the pipeline!

Thank you for your consideration!

Hello,

I think there should be option to test save data connection during setup and after. Perfectly, if there was possibility to schedule connectivity check, however, just adding option to test it manually will be the step forward.

Best,

Piotr

0 Likes

Hello,

Current Data Connections options are limited to db connections: MSSQL, Oracle and Others.

In my opinion, it should be expanded by at least:

- FTP/SFTP addresses

- URLs to webservices or resources

- Cloud resources like AWS S3

The server should manage resources as much as possible

Best,

Piotr

Hello,

I've used a standard configuration to set up an Alteyx server. The gallery is available at https://alteryx.samplecompany.com/gallery

I'd would be really helpful if you enable to create a landing page at https://alteryx.samplecompany.com/ and add a possibility to host add extra pages. The easiest way to do this is to add an option to the Alteryx Server configuration wizard and read the pages from Alteryx workspace location.

Additionally, such landing page should have redirection from HTTP to HTTPs.

Best,

Piotr

Hello,

I can't find an option in Alteryx Server wizard to enable redirection from http to https. Alteryx Service occupies both ports so I can't (and I don't want) to deploy a redirection on port 80. Such feature would be really helpful if it comes out of the box.

Best,

Piotr

0 Likes

I would like to have the ability to configure my company's Gallery to display more than five applications/workflows to a page.  This is a waste of screen space and creates unnecessary clicks for browsing.

pages.png

Hello Alteryx Team,

we would like to customize SAML login with additional claims (departement)?

We want to grant authentication based on claims we are using in addition of firstname, lastname, email. 

So we need custom code as well, is this possible to integrate or merge with alteryx code ?

simple example would be:

we add city to the claims and on user with from city "New York" will be accepted all others will get access denied page.

Best regards,

Heinrich

Top Liked Authors