Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow full management of chained workflows using the API

Hello everyone,

I created before a post about managing chained workflows using the API.
After reaching out the support, it turns out to be impossible, which is unfortunate.

So I post this idea here, in case anyone is needing it too.

Feels free to ask me details if needed.

Thanks.

6 Comments
Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

We are also looking for the same.

joeGade
10 - Fireball

I have created a gallery runner app that lets you run workflow  with in a workflow via api .. let m e know if that he use case . See all my posts you will get ideas. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Your idea and feedback is appreciated!

Our product team is constantly striving to make our products better, and the user feedback we received is critical in that mission. We recommend checking out our Submission Guidelines as they go into greater depth on the criteria needed for an idea to reach product as well as go over the boards in general. Make sure to also check out other user’s ideas!

zsims
6 - Meteoroid

I'm struggling with the same issue. I'm able to kick off the first of my chained apps, and I'm even able to get the job ID and output IDs of the first app. However, I have no idea how to run the second part of the chained app as it has no app ID and no way for me to get questions or generate an endpoint to execute.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

great ideas

jfscarvalho
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone, I need to elaborate a WF  (interactive macro) to find a job status in alteryx server then if status = completed and disposition = sucess, exit from this macro and follow to the next step, or if status is equal none or erro, I would like to wait a tiny time and get new status in a few minutes.

In my WF it overflows the configured interactions limit, I'm waiting approximately 30s to make a new request.