Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

Be able to subscribe to a concrete App in the Gallery so you can receive an email or notification when an App is updated. Several times I have been using an App that suddenly stops working properly because there's a new version available, but actually there's no way to be aware of this unless you check the date of the last version updated.

It will be ideal if you could subscribe to the app to receive new updates notifications or if Alteryx Designer could give automatically notifications of updates in the Gallery of Apps you have installed.

Hello,

When trying to move and order the districts, it gives the impression that you can organize them in a particular order..

Districts Don't change order.jpg

But what comes out on the Gallery side remains in Alphabetical order..

Districts Don't change order2.jpg

Can this bug be fixed please

We are constantly moving workflows from our Dev environment up to Prod and then back down again to improve them.  Even though we only used Gallery shared data connections, and both environments have the same name for each connection; the connections still break when opening the workflow in the other environment.  This is because designer actually uses an ID code behind the string name instead of the name.  And, even though connections exist by the same name in each environment, the code behind them is different.

I would like a way to be able to specify the data connection code so that I can make the code the same in both environments.

We have a bunch of workflows in our public gallery that have no inputs, and so the results are the same no matter who runs them, it just depends on the time.  It is a huge oversight and a massive waste of resources that a person can only see workflow results for the times that one user ran the workflow.  If I have user A run a workflow at 10AM and user B doesn't know about it, he's going to run it at 10:05 AM and we just wasted valuable compute time and resources to produce the same exact data set.

Or, say it runs on a schedule, and you want people to access the results via gallery instead of saving as spreadsheet or something somewhere.  But you can't.  Only the person who setup the schedule can see the results.

Now, I can see that some workflow applications may produced different results based on inputs, and some results may be sensitive.  But then at least make it a check box when publishing the workflow to gallery whether or not results should b shared globally.

Hello

Alteryx Server with SSO configuration not able to sign request. Could you remind ? We need this feature to go into production (see attached image). 

best regards,

Nissar

Ability to change the default workflow settings when to also include [Others may view this workflow's history] in a similar way to the other attributes in workflow settings that are set by default.  This would prove beneficial for workflows which are shared across a large team and need to be run on a consistent frequency and are not run headless.  The inability to set this by default leaves a risk that the setting remains unchecked and more than one user triggers that workflow in a given month which could result in a material impact if the output of that workflow is posting to another system in the firm.

Hello, 

We have been building a solution for a client that involved chaining apps. When we uploaded the workflow to the server, we got the below error: Workflow exceeded maximum runtime of 30 seconds and was cancelled. We were able to rectify this by having the client implement the change here. While I understand the need for the limit, is there any plan to have this fix be more obvious to the average user to implement or avoid needing to reimplement following a server upgrade?

Thanks, 

Hi all,

i hopped onto Azure tonight to see if I could create an Alteryx server to start learning Alteryx server as a skill.    I was expecting the cost to be somewhere in the range of Microsoft SQL server on Azure, or Microsoft Power BI (a few dollars, but not more than $20 per month for limited usage).    I was fairly shocked by the price on offer (8k - 10k per month), with no option to price this by usage.

Could we work together to create options for people to stand up their own small Alteryx server like this for the purposes of learning - right now there is no way to learn Alteryx server unless you are actually an admin of a live server, which makes it impossible for people to learn this at home to build their skills (and impedes Alteryx building a base of skilled users in the market).

Happy to work with the team to help make this a reality.

cheers

Sean

I Would Like a new Email added under [ Admin -> Notifications -> Emails ] where it would send an Email when a Schedule reaches the status "Complete" 

This can serve a couple of use cases;

1. You have many things going on and this email can let you know "This schedule has now been completed"  
    1. From my experience we usually schedule things indefinitely, however if an end was put in place this can be a reminder of whether or not to continue scheduling the workflow
  2. It can also notify when a schedule inadvertently reaches "Complete" status, in the backend this could be because it has status "Corrupt: AlteryxService_RetrieveSecureData Failed."
    1. This has caused issues multiple times of schedules that are supposed to be indefinite reach "Complete" Status without our knowing. With many workflows and schedules this is not something we can babysit.
    2. brief research suggests this error could be due to restarting the Alteryx Service during a schedule, which we do weekly for our backup. And trying to coordinate a time when no schedules are running is difficult when something runs every 10 minutes.

Currently it takes four clicks and three displays (including the current scheduler display I'm attempting to post as well) just to temporarily disable a job.  It would be so much more convenient if there were a one touch icon on this display that allowed you to do that function.  

Gallery Scheduler screen shot.jpg 

Hi All,

The limit of data connections in Alteryx Gallery is 100 only.

Is it possible to increase the limit ? 

Best Regards,

Samuel

When replacing an app in the gallery, it appears that you always see the original upload date (which is good to have), and then simply a version number.  It would be great if you could add an additoinal field that shows the most recent replace date.  That way you would know that "SampleApp v4" is the 4th replacment, and that 4th replacement happened on date mm/dd/yyyy.  Also, while it's replacing, there is no indication that it is doing the replace.  An hour glass or some indicator telling you to sit tight would be nice.

When using In-DB with iSeries over Generic ODBC everything works fine in Designer however when executing via Gallery process fails because a semi-colon ";" is added to the SQL statement as a terminator character and iSeries rejects this SQL0104 - Token ; was not valid. Valid Values < END OF STATEMENT > 

We have a MongoDB connection string that we plug in to RuntimeSettings.xml during install.  Upon startup, the Mongo connection fails because RuntimeSettings.xml expects the connecting string to be encrypted.  The fix for this, is for someone to manually update the MongoDB connection via the Alteryx UI.  We would like a way to encrypt the MongoDB connection string for RuntimeSettings.xml before we start Alteryx for the first time.

Hi Alteryx Team,

I understand that the Timeout feature on all Workers is only available for the workflows scheduled on Alteryx Server.

In a heavily used server environment and depending on how workflows are configured, can we have a timeout feature available for non-scheduled workflows (adhoc workflow runs/manually triggered workflow runs) as well on all the Workers on Alteryx Server ?

Thank You,

Nishi Jain

When you create an App/Macro locally and give it a custom icon, that icon should follow the App/Macro when you load it into the Gallery.

Option to update ownership to any other valid license holder as needed.

Use Case: Currently the canvas owner is marked by default as the user publishing the canvas to production.

However, we have seen instances where the person moves teams and would like to hand it over to another person.

As we continue to build Alteryx Workflows for the business, there is a continued need for an organizational structure for saving and storing Alteryx Workflows within the Alteryx Gallery. Organizing the workflow repository through a "folder hierarchy" will allow users to quickly navigate and find the appropriate workflow. Currently, the workflows are listed in alphabetical order and requires the user to remember the Alteryx Workflow name and click to the proper page. 

Any enhancements to the Alteryx Gallery organization structure would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, 

KK

Idea:

Using a few designers and registering to the Alteryx Gallery are good fits for micro and small enterprises, from investment vs capability stantd point.

Alteryx Server is suitable for medium to large enterprises with at least 45K USD budget yearly and many alteryx users possibly more than 20...

Don't you think there is a need for something in between? I propose Alteryx mini-server (well we can find a better name hopefully :)

Rationale:

Many Alteryx clients seem to utilize Alteryx designer for ETL,

then some of them further enrich data and model forecasting or predictive modelling.

Before even considering a server they output to a BI server like

• Qlik server or
  • Tabelau server or
  • PowerBI

If there is a need for automation Alteryx designer + Scheduler does all the trick needed.

Once you update everything in a repetitive fachion 100s to 1000s of Qlik or Tableau users can reach to the most uptodate content and discover dashboards...

I believe we can do a similar thing with a mini server...

What to do:

Miniserver.png

It would be great if we can set the priority of a job when scheduling a workflow through either the Designer UI or through AlteryxService addtoqueue command

In my organization we primarily schedule jobs through these avenues and this would bring them up to par with the scheduling capabilities of Gallery

For example:

AlteryxService https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/alteryxservice-commands

addtoqueue=path,host[:port],secret[,true]

^ add an optional parameter that takes enum value {Low, Medium, High, Critical}

Designer UI

Add a dropdown that takes an enum {Low, Medium, High, Critical}

Top Liked Authors