The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

0 Likes

Hello,

Recently after adding 100+ Tags for usage by our end users as they apply to existing or new workflows, we quickly realized that no user was allowed to add more than 5 Tags per workflow.  When attempting to do so, the user will either receive the following error, or they will save their workflow, reopen only to find out that only 5 Tags were saved to it.

After reaching out to the Alteryx Support team our rep mentioned the feature update would need some traction in the 'Ideas' board on this site therefore; I'm posting this suggestion with the hopes that other out their in the Alteryx universe have the same issue and would like to see the update(s) needed ASAP to update or correct the Alteryx system settings to allow a user to apply an unlimited number of Tags to any workflow.  If a specific number is needed (meaning 'unlimited' can't be accomplished), please increase the number from 5 to 100.

If anyone would like to discuss future, please respond via this post and I'll be sure to get back with you.

Sincere thanks,

Johnny Shepphard

Alteryx Admin/Data Analyst

KAISER PERMAMENTE

Johnnyjks1_0-1638404550625.png

0 Likes

Currently it's impossible to tell which worker a job is running on. Add a column to the jobs view that shows what worker a job is currently running on.

TheCoffeeDude_0-1635955924709.png

0 Likes

The Gallery currently only enables scheduling of the latest version of a workflow, regardless of the published version - for instance, if there are two versions of a workflow and Version 1 is the published version, only Version 2 can be scheduled since it is more recent. There is no straightforward way to schedule Version 1.

Currently two workarounds are to:

1) download the older (published) version, export to Designer, and then save as an entirely new workflow in Gallery.

2) re-save the local Designer file of the older (published) workflow as the most recent version in Gallery, for example re-saving Version 1 as Version 3 so that "Version 1" can be scheduled.

The ability to publish and schedule older workflow versions would be a helpful new feature to add to Gallery, as this would avoid the need to re-create or duplicate workflows simply because the most recent version has an unexpected issue that the previous version does not have.

0 Likes

Hi Team,

Currently we are using python for calling Alteryx Gallery API. We have configured gallery API access according to Alteryx document to use the OAuth 1.0a  with oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1".  However, other teams have concern on HMAC-SHA1 because it’s 64 encoding only and consider not security assurance. I suggest Alteryx team to use encryption with higher encoding like SHA256.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello Brainstrust,

Small request here (i think) , we are exclusively using Alteryx Gallery to host and orchestrate workflows in our enterprise. 

As we are connecting to disparate datasources involving many odbc connections and file paths at times when we are configuring a new source on all of our workers there may be a misconfiguration or misstep in the implementation.

When this happens , there is an intermittent failure and unfortunately its not visible what worker ran the workflow, I know this is visible in the thick client scheduler experience but as we are trying to drive Gallery as the one user experience it would be good if it was visible here too... screen shot below.

adrianp112_0-1626335611175.png

0 Likes

I have a lot of workflows in my Company's private gallery. Many are duplicates. I'm able to pull out a list of all the duplicate workflows with their name and ID. Currently, we can search by name, but even that isn't always accurate. If I just copy and paste a name with underscores, it generally won't be able to find the workflow - I'll need to use parts of the workflow to be able to search for it. Secondly, if I narrow down to the duplicates in the search, I can't tell which one is which. Being able to search by the ID would be an easy way to find the workflow immediately without worrying if the search will be able to accurately find the workflow name. I've posted a screenshot below of me searching for an App ID that ideally would be able to pull up the workflow I need.

Alekh_0-1623368602010.png

0 Likes

I thought that in our previous version of Gallery (2018.3) the list of available data connections in the Admin page of the same name used to fill the entire depth of my browser window?

In 2020.4 in uses only about half the depth and presents a scroll bar to view the additional records whilst there is additional white space unused at the bottom of the window.

I suggest that this changed to make full use of the available browser window space.

I note that the data connections page uses a scrolling list as opposed to the paged list which is used in most other pages in the UI. However I would be resistant to changing this as a solution since with the scroll bar view any sorting applies to the entire list as opposed to the current displayed page (c.f. Users)

Paul_Holden_0-1621515081921.png

0 Likes

As a large company we have many controls we have to adhere to. One of those being Python libraries we are allowed to use internally. We are requesting that Alteryx document all Python libraries within the tool as well as if they are fundamental to running Alteryx Server (Or Designer as most time these are same) and even what functionality they may play in the tool. This way, we would be able to remove these unallowed libraries from our Server if needed or at least know functionality and if it is needed.

0 Likes

As an Alteryx Admin, we have too many users to maintain the Data Connections for every connection that every user has. A nice add to the collections ability is to create and share Data Connections among users of only that Collection. Managed by the Collection Admin(s), they would be able to manage their own credentials and connection strings for their team and project.

0 Likes

Currently, only Gallery administrators can create credentials on the Gallery.  But this doesn't seem to make sense because publishing users may need to embed their credentials in workflows.  And they would benefit from managing these on server so that password changes don't require re-publishing large numbers of workflows.   Please allow any user to create and manage credentials on the Gallery.  

0 Likes

I’m facing issues with scheduling workflow in Europe/London timing. I’m trying to schedule jobs to run at 10pm UK hours everyday (except Fri and Sat) starting from today i.e. 26th Jan (as per UK timing)
However since I’m in India and my local desktop is showing India time (which is 00:15hrs on 27th Jan), the Alteryx Gallery scheduler is picking India hours but not as per the region we selected. The 26th Jan date is greyed out and unable to select.
The workaround for this to change local time on desktop which is not in our control in our case.
Could you please bring a change in this behavior. If I am am scheduling on x date a workflow for a timezone which is x-1 the scheduler should allow me to set up the schedule.

0 Likes

I am an Artisan but not the Owner of the studio - I uploaded the workflow and would like to see all the jobs (including manually triggered) that run for my workflow so I can track any issues i.e. when workflow fails. I checked with the Owner of the studio and he also can see only the runs he triggered. 

I understand from the Support team in my company that option to see all the jobs that run is currently available only for the Curator role but would be extremely helpful if you would make it available to all the users that have access to the Private Studio.

0 Likes

When we download from the gallery, please return both the altered gallery code and the original unaltered code so user can choose the base to build next version on.

Most everyone learns the hard way that saving to the gallery alters their code in ways that it may no longer work as it did before when running on desktop. After figuring out what has happened and laboriously un-doing the alterations that happen when saving to the gallery, we develop schemes to keep separate desktop versions of gallery apps in sync. These schemes should not be necessary. 

0 Likes

As a part of the installation process or Configuration setting for Alteryx Server , can there be an option added to turn on "Subscription API" enabled for ever

Top Liked Authors