Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Ability to increase the default for 'Rows Per Page' when viewing Collections/Workspace

Currently the default 'Rows Per Page' is set to 10 when within various pages on the Gallery. 

As we add more and more Apps to our Gallery it would help to be able to increase the default so it is higher than 10.

This will help ensure users do not forget about or miss tools that are available to them which are hidden on other pages. Additionally, they will not need to remember what page to jump to if the App does not pull through to the first 10 rows, or prevent the need for them having to increase the number of 'Rows Per Page' themselves.

3 Comments
TheCoffeeDude
11 - Bolide

Many of my users and I would be very happy if Alteryx implemented this suggestion across all pages on the gallery and added automatic sorting of the first column. It's very annoying to have to expand the number of rows per page and then click a column header name to sort it every time I try to do something in the gallery.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Agree! If anybody knows JS well enough to figure out how to change the default, DM me! I've been able to figure it out in the past by tweaking the right js file on the alteryx server, but I couldn't track in down in 23.2.  

Edit: thanks to @clmc9601 suggestion, AI helped solve it. In 23.2, there is an app.bundle.xxxxxx.js file in Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Server. AFTER BACKING UP THE FILE, I changed the 3 instances of

[10,25,50,100]

to

[100,50,25,10] 

which then changed my defaults to 100:

image.png

Obviously it would be better if alteryx changed the default or allowed server admins to modify it without having to change the js files.

TheCoffeeDude
11 - Bolide

@patrick_digan Thank you for the Javascript mod. I wish we didn't have to do this.