community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alteryx server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!

Altery Server Scheduling Flexibility

I really want to see this feature in new versions. Its frustrating the lack of options we have with scheduling workflows on the server. I need to have my process run every 10 mins but only on certain days and in certain time windows. Creating a schedule for this is impossible unless I manually create hundreds of schedules. 

I have a few workflows that I have hosted on out Gallery Server and I have them scheduled.

Ex: Process A is scheduled to run every 10 mins Mon – Sunday.

Problem: I only need Process A to run Every 10 Mins on Mon – Sat from 2 AM to 6 PM

Currently there is not a scheduling configurations that allow this type of schedule. How can I get my workflow to run every 10 mins but only during certain times and on certain dates?

3 Comments
Atom

Totally agree with you - I have the same issue where I want to run my workflow Run workflow daily every 20 minutes between 6am – 6pm but less frequently for remainder for the day [every 2 hours]and am currently forced to run it every 20 minutes as the scheduler doesn't let you create custom recurring schedules.

Meteoroid

100% with this one.  I know that people will say to use a macro to force these rules (and I do).....but this just adds an extra layer of detail to the workflow for something that should be a basic feature.  You already have the option of Mon-Fri only, so why not added a start time to end time window. 

Meteoroid
Would really love this option. I have workflows that need to run every 10 minutes but only during business hours. My IT teams would prefer scheduled workflows avoid nightly maintenance windows. e.g. We have had issues when workflows run while the mongo db is being backed up.