The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

0 Likes

Currently 'Schedules' are a separate category in the navigation bar on the left, and while it is nice to have an overview of all my workflows/apps, most of the time I need that information in the Private Studio screen where I'm checking in on the run status and getting ready to schedule the job again.

Additionally, Designer disables the schedule whenever it saves the workflow/app back to the Server. This is not always the desired intent when we make a small change to the workflow/app. Having an option to disable a current schedule would be better, with the default to keep the current schedule. Also, the abilty to manage the schedule from the Private Studio to say 'Activate' a disabled schedule, or schedule the workflow/app multiple times with different inputs would all be good.

0 Likes

A strange issue is found that the Alteryx Gallery schedule suddenly becomes disabled.  After checking with support, it looks like the mechanism underlying is using a concept of queueID.  Whenever there is a network issue between controller and worker, the queueID get scratched, the job gets corrupted.  This means it cannot calculate the next run and thus, it will disable the schedule.  When the worker node gets back, it cannot "try again".

From usage perspective, if network is having issue, it is assumed that the connection gets back, it would "re-try" and resume.

Hope Alteryx team can help consider a fix on this technical issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Please provide support for sharing a (gallery/Stored) Workflow Credential with a Group.  

Current capability appears only to support Users/Studios.

0 Likes

As part of the Persistence Expiration processes, within Designer we have the ability to set a retention threshold of the results tab.   i.e. 30 days.

After enabling this - all completed results are purged  but all the "error" results remain.  And this depending on the original count can run into the thousands, such as in my environment.   Id like to see the "Error" results become part of the clean up processing because of the following reasons:

1.  We do not have dedicated admins that have time to manually or by group delete these error result items.

2.  Most if not all - errors are resolved immediately.   if there were to be kept as a reference, a screen shot of the results are normally taken and filed away.

Support says this is intentional for resolution tracking purposes - but to counter - as I stated in item 2 - most errors are immediately looked at and worked on. So there is no reason to keep errored results. Especially when they are time-stamped dates greater than the expiration values selected.

0 Likes

Currently only 5 workflows are displayed per page in a collection.  Currently we have about 30 workflows (soon to be about 100) and paging through workflows to find the one you want to run is time consuming.

It would be great if there was an option on the page so the user could select the number of workflows per page.

0 Likes

If you are viewing schedules, on the Queue Panel, you should have the option to refresh the information to get an idea how far things are progressing.  If you swipe back and forth between panels you get updated % done information, so it is definitely available.  Not the most pressing need, but a very easy fix. 

Ninja Edit:  Did not know there was a dedicated server ideas forum so I removed a part. 

0 Likes

I am running version x of Alteryx locally and my server is running x-2. If I publish a workflow with error reporting via email, the server is not able to recognize that my workflow has error logging because it automatically kicks a version error. The events portion of the XML should be read regardless of the server version and trigger an error when this happens.

0 Likes

Hi All,

We are preparing to rollout Alteryx Server in a large organisation and can see that the creation of Collections by many analysts may become problematic over time.

It would be good if we can disable the functionality and only allow for gallery admins to create new collections.

Cheers

Fi

(Commonwealth Bank of Australia)

0 Likes

It is more convenience that allowing gallery admin to download any workflow from the gallery for trobleshooting.

For example, if the workflow is long running , the gallery admin can download the workflow and then drill down to it to find out the root cause. Sometimes, it maybe workflow design related issue.

0 Likes

Alteryx server should support certificate authentication internally within the app (i.e. to the internal MongoDB) rather than password based authentication? this is not User Authentication for Gallery and workflows but the Alteryx Application itself and how it authenticates against the MongoDB.  this would allow it to be installed in Very Secure environments that insist on stronger authentication methods.

0 Likes

Why not?

1. How about having Alteryx Designer with Scheduler (may be hard to do on Server OS)
  2. Alteryx Server/Gallery Setup for exercising Admin capabilities..
  3. Having a Demo Alteryx Connect session capable to interact with multiple online users/testers
  4. Alteryx Promote on CloudShare to try and test quick deployment before buying?

Alteryx designer has a 3 hour demo session on CloudShare but no Server, no Connect, no Promote!

640px-Cloudshare_logo

Looking forward to try and test before you buy? Than give me a "like" please...

0 Likes

I am looking for a way to secure the server In-DB Connections either based on individual user or using an AD group.

Thanks,

Partha.

0 Likes

What is the Purpose of Server when there is no Sharing?

Alteryx Server/ Gallery Lacks a Basic functionality, All Studio Users should be able to see Workflows published to that Studio.

The Legacy tool has atleast controller key where everyone can see all workflows on the server , but in new versions, we can only see if we are the owner of that workflow? how does this make sense in an Enterprise?

Idea : 

Enable to see server scheduled workflows by all studio users in a studio.

0 Likes

When scheduling in Gallery and creating a recurring daily schedule, if you a start time of 7AM @ any time after 7am you also have to click the date on a day, for the schedule start date, else the you will receive an error message.  Please click the date on automatically, after all if the time is after 7am you can't schedule a job to run at 7am today. 

0 Likes

When viewing the schedule viewer with more than the default per page workflow amount of 25 workflows, if you sort it only sorts in the 25 in the current page. I would expect it to first sort all workflows then show the first 25, and actually used the interface with this as my expectation for longer than i'd care to admit, leading to a large amount of confusion when i for some reason couldn't figure out why workflows that i scheduled were not showing up. Obviously this is down to user error and now that i understand it i don't have any issue, but at the same time, why would the sort not apply before population of the list?

Interested to know if i'm the only one who's been annoyed by this.

~ Clive

0 Likes

I'm really loving the new data connections for 11.0. We have deployed them in a private gallery for our users and it's great. The only drawback is that the server itself cannot easily be configured to use these same credentials. I would like some way for the service account running our jobs on our server to use the data connections from the gallery. I can assign the credentials to that service account just fine, but it never picks them up since it never open up the Alteryx GUI when it's running jobs. This would allow us to have one spot with all of the credentials. Currently, we're going to have 2 locations with all of our credentials that we'll have to make sure stays in sync: 1 in the gallery for the users, and 1 on the sever box for the server.

Thanks!

0 Likes

How about adding a CAPTCHA option for Alteryx Server?

That will block bruteforce attacks, bruteforce to crack or bruteforce to lock...

Picture1.png

0 Likes

In the View Schedules screen, currently one must select the Controller at the beginning of each session before being able to see any workflows, schedules, queue or results. This is especially annoying when a company only has one controller and yet must select it each time. However, I would guess that even when an organization has multiple Controllers, each individual user is likely to spend most of their time in one.

It would help both of these situations if the most recently used controller is automatically selected when launching Alteryx Designer.

0 Likes

When you want to re-run a chained app in Alteryx Server, give the option to run the first, second, etc app. Right now it only reruns the last app.

0 Likes

Please bring back the feature for showing the approximate file size for a workflow & dependencies when publishing/saving to the Gallery.  This "feature" was part of 9.5 (see lower left in the attached screenshot). This is a useful indicator and helps highlight when there is a large external dependency that will get replicated onto the server when publishing.  

An example of when this is useful:

When a publisher sees a large file size, they might change the dependency path from being a local path (that will result in a copy being published to the server) to a UNC path i.e. \\servername\path

It might also be useful to add the size information as a column in the "list view" in the Gallery.  

9.5.JPG

Top Liked Authors