The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

0 Likes

Admin ability to put restrictions specifically on the Designer email tool.

0 Likes

Enhancement request for the ability to search within workflow files for tools, data connections, key words.

0 Likes

The Users, Workflows, Collections & Schedules tabs all have hyperlinks to the relevant sections of administration. However, this only shows the current 'as-is' active state. What would be useful is for each number show to have its own drillthrough to that subset of data, i.e. clicking on Inactive under users takes you to a list of inactive users, similarly clicking on Active Jobs under Schedules takes you to the list of actively running jobs etc.

This would provide a more intuitive navigation for admins.

0 Likes

We previously had 2020.4 and had the Shared with Me tab on the Gallery Workflow Results.  Now that is missing on 2022.3 that we are on now.  This made it easy to see all scheduled flows that were shared with you that you did not schedule.  It help those that monitor flows and their progress during the day.  It is cumbersome to go to collections and look for them.  As well as not fun to add the schedules to each collections as you have to search for them instead of just picking from the list.

0 Likes

Alteryx server should support certificate authentication internally within the app (i.e. to the internal MongoDB) rather than password based authentication? this is not User Authentication for Gallery and workflows but the Alteryx Application itself and how it authenticates against the MongoDB.  this would allow it to be installed in Very Secure environments that insist on stronger authentication methods.

0 Likes

When running an analytical app in designer desktop, the user has the ability to choose the location they want the output saved.  However, when you move that same app to the gallery, they no longer have that option.  They have to download the file and move it to the intended location.  Being able to specify the location would save the end user time.  I also have an app that uses a formula tool to save the output to the same location as the input, but moving to gallery does not allow the user to do this.

0 Likes

Currently there is no way to clear historic notifications, it would be good to add this functionality.

Linked to this is system messages do not work as expected, as system message should either be present or not. However, when cleared it persists in the notifications and the clearage also shows as a blank entry, which is a poor user experience.

Having the ability to clear notifications would help with this, but ideally system messages should be separate from the notifications, as in whilst it is active it should appear as a banner in the UI as per the documentation and not be clearable by the user and when it is not in place, i.e. the event has occurred, it should not be present, there is no need to refer back to this system message.

0 Likes

Currently users have to be manually added to groups and those groups linked to collections.

For large organizations this is time consuming, it would be better if users could automatically be assigned to the relevant collection based on matching an attribute of the collection with an attribute of the user/group.

To take this further, when using SSO the information, such as group could automatically be passed in by the claim and so fully automate the process.

0 Likes

Currently SAML configuration can only pass First Name, Last Name & Email Address. It would be useful if additional attributes could be configured, such as group information. This would link to another enhancement that is automatically linking new users to a given collection based on this additional attribute.

0 Likes

Currently any pages or links that you create are displayed as uppercase, which is a poor user experience.

0 Likes

Anyone with access to a collection can see the Users & Groups tabs, which show information that is no appropriate for non administrators to see and prompts unwanted questions. Users no not need to know who else has access to the collection and what rights they have.

It would be useful if there was a configuration option to hide these tabs from roles below Curator.

0 Likes

Currently pages you add to server when opened via the link icon open in a new window. If you are using SSO authentication, such as SAML this essentially logs the user out in that window. This is not a good user experience.

Ideally there should be an configurable option to open pages within the current window, thereby maintaining login and provided a better navigation experience.

0 Likes

Allow Collection owner to be a point of contact rather than a sub-Curator. We want a ticket process to control access to collection workflows and users in a SOX-dedicated gallery and giving those permissions outside the ticket process would be a hole in our control environment. Currently we make a service account the owner, but that means we need a list of contact people on the side.

0 Likes

When a user saves an APP and that APP contains macros with embedded macros (2 to N layers deep).  Make package with ALL subroutine/macros included an option.  This is a PAIN for users to try to manage otherwise.

cheers,

Mark

0 Likes

The Gallery (previous to 2022.1) Districts used to be viewed as a grid.  The districts would be listed across the page.  Now the Gallery Districts are in List format.  All down the page in one column and you have to scroll.  Before all our districts fit nicely on one page.  Is it possible to have an option to view by List or by Grid?

0 Likes

Why not?

1. How about having Alteryx Designer with Scheduler (may be hard to do on Server OS)
  2. Alteryx Server/Gallery Setup for exercising Admin capabilities..
  3. Having a Demo Alteryx Connect session capable to interact with multiple online users/testers
  4. Alteryx Promote on CloudShare to try and test quick deployment before buying?

Alteryx designer has a 3 hour demo session on CloudShare but no Server, no Connect, no Promote!

640px-Cloudshare_logo

Looking forward to try and test before you buy? Than give me a "like" please...

0 Likes

Hi Alteryx Team,

in one of my current projects we would like to set up a Alteryx Gallery Collection using the API, which already works fine using the current API implementation.

In addition we want users of this collection enable to use DataConnection to DBs they are allowed to access. This can already be done manually. I can create a Data Connection manually and then I assign the same users I already assigned to the Collection also to the Data Connection. Adding these users to the Data Connection can also be done using API. The only part that is missing is the CREATION OF DATA CONNECTION USING API.

The other option is to make it possible to assign Data Connections to Collections, which is unfortunately also not possible at the moment.

Our challenge is that we want to create those kind of workspaces a lot of times for a lot of colleagues without additional manual effort.

That's why I ask for enhancing the DataConnection API in order to create Data Connection using Gallery API.

Regards

Robert

0 Likes

I have tried so many python packages to Refresh excel Pivot table automatically through Alteryx and save the refreshed data, most of the packages are working perfectly on designer but none of them are working on server.

If we find out anyway that will refresh pivot tables of Excel through Alteryx then it will be great for us. 

0 Likes

Hi All, 

The Alteryx API documentation was only available for certain entities(workflow, collection, etc.,) and not available for Schedule entities.

https://help.alteryx.com/developer-help/auditlog-endpoint

I want to see schedule audit information like old value(before change), new value, operation (update, delete, insert).

E.g If you create a schedule in Gallery, information about the schedule like creation date time, frequency, owner, type, last run, next run, etc. will be updated in MongoDB.
If a user edits or modifies a schedule in the gallery, the edit/updated information is only available in MongoDB.

Regards, 

Ariharan R

0 Likes

HI All, 

While creating a schedule to the workflow we could observe that the frequency is basically categorized into four options like Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly. When coming to the "weekly" option why the user can have a choice to select multiple days in a week here? And why not the user who select "Daily" option can have a choice to select their own days according to the requirement?. In Daily frequency we could find only one option "Run only during work Week9Mon-Fri". Whereas in Tableau Schedules we could observe Weekly frequency enables the user to schedule only a single day in a week and in Daily frequency it enables the user to select multiple days in a week which really helps the user to create schedules in an effective way.

Alteryx:Daily Frequency Schedule

Ariharan_2-1667654101508.png

Alteryx:Weekly Frequency Schedule

Ariharan_3-1667654117641.png

Tableau:Daily Frequency Schedule:

Ariharan_6-1667654193740.png

Tableau:Weekly Frequency Schedule:

Ariharan_5-1667654155578.png

Regards 

Ariharan R

Top Liked Authors