This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
This idea covers 2 things:
- Disabling certain tools for users
- Pushing out other tools
- If we want to disable a particular tool for everyone or for specific users - then we need to go to every single deployed machine and adjust settings or delete some DLLs.
- What we would need is to be able to take a user / group of users - and de-select certain tools or apply limits
- In our corporate environment - every designer needs to check in with the server before fully starting up. If it cannot connect to the server, it needs to terminate gracefully
- As the designer logs in - the first negotiated conversation is "What tools and capabilities and standard default settings should I have"
- If a useful tool is brought into our environment (like the JIRA connector here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/JIRA-Connector/58d87c2feffc2a0dd0b5ed8f or the CREW macros) - we want to be able to push these out to all the users
- Again - every designer checks in with the server first
- Then negotiates tools
- then downloads any missing tools or updates new versions of existing tools.
This kind of central server capability is essential in any enterprise deployment of several hundred seats.
Another great idea, thanks @SeanAdams. We are interested to see if other customers would also like to see this feature.
We have 150+ users enterprise wide. Having the ability to push out preconfigured designer instances to the enterprise would be exceptionally helpful. To Turn on this or turn off that or offer these new tools to everyone - would be fantastic. Would love to hear if this is available or at least development.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.