This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Currently, when we download a version of Alteryx - we need to download a very large number of binaries across many different download locations. Once we get these in, they need to go through InfoSec audits; then be packed for deployment etc. this creates a very large admin overhead in that folk need to check for updates across multiple binaries and also create a significant number of different installs which then need to be rolled out across hundreds of workstations.
The request would be to change the approach to downloads for enterprise customers:
- Admin logs into the download portal
- They then select the components which they need (Designer; predictive; CREW macros; Microsoft starter pack; Tableau starter pack; JIRA connector from the gallery; additional predictive tools from the gallery)
- this then becomes the defined selection set.
- When any of these items are updated - the admin is notified
- When they download - these are then all built into a single installer binary which we can then download and roll out to all our workstations.