The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea
0 Likes

While taking the certification exam, as well as when doing quizzes after tutorials, I have noticed that I cannot see that the radio button is selected.
I am color blind, so I am not sure if this is due to the color used or if the button indicator isn't dark enough.

If someone could please address this, it would help out a lot!

Thank you,

Jason R.S.

The weekly challenges provide such a rich resource for strengthening your Alteryx abilities but for new uses a lot of time is spent merely collecting the older challenges to work on them.  I would suggest creating a page with all of the start files, and a page with all of the solution files so that all of the challenges can be downloaded from a single location.  This would also provide an opportunity for a new weekly challenge to build a workflow that downloads challenges within a specified range, create windows folders for each week, and cleanse the pesky underscores from the front and end of many of the files.

Including Alteryx youtube videos of presentations in Global Search would be great! (or include them as reference under tool documentation).   Finally found my answer with a google search!   E.g., this video on the network analysis tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsDZIc02SkQ

Wouldn't it be great to have the option to share a bit more information on your user profile page?

I'm talking about:

- Full name

- Who you work for

- Industry

- Links to social media

- Favourite colour

- First pet's name

- You get the idea.......

The first three are the biggies. It's nice to be able to get a sense of who people are, and to share a bit of who you are with others, and the profile page feels like the perfect place to do this (although it goes without saying that none of this should be mandatory).

maybe the monthly update could include counts of newly certified community members in the monthly post? 

Cheers,

Mark

With the growing popularity of Alteryx challenges, the new topics gets lots of "noise" as challenge posts are made.  Could we either filter these messages to their own tab (for those interested in the real-time updates of challenge solution posts) or just remove them from notifications?  When you're logged-in to the community, you get lots of these messages.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Likes

When I click My Profile, I can see posts I've starred.  But every time I want to see my bookmarks, I have to think about how to get to the list of my bookmarks.

The current navigation of My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > My Bookmarks

is not very intuitive.

Would it be possible to add my list of bookmarks under My Profile, or at least put Starred Posts and My Bookmarks together somewhere?

It would be great to see an email with the Top Idea Submissions at the End of the Year sent out to everyone who is registered on the Community to encourage participation going into the next year. 

Ex:

What feature do You most want added to Alteryx? Vote before January 14th.

We have added over X number of features in 2018 and are looking for your input for 2019 features (see below for some of the top ideas currently on the community):

1. Programmatic Detour

2. Between Operator Function

3. Containers should move other tools when Expanding Collapsing

4. Append YXDBs

5. SQL syntax highlighting

0 Likes

Hi all,

I love the (somewhat) new look of the community.  It's much more helpful to find what you're looking for through search and the menu buttons on the left.  One small enhancement I would request is a better fitting of the menu icons along the left side of the page.  It might be my smaller screen size (Lenova Yoga 920) but not all of the menu items fit to my screen.  So I have to use the mouse wheel to scroll to see all of the buttons (the Alteryx Resources button!).  And the situation gets worse when you hover over the menu to scroll as it adds a box displaying the URL of the page (see screenshot below), which further hides the Alteryx Resources menu item (I actually didn't even realize it existed for a few months).  Also, once I do scroll to the bottom to see the Alteryx Resources menu, the submenu suffers from the same cutoff problem as well (second screenshot attached).

If this is an easy fix, it would be much appreciated!

Menu button for Alteryx Resources hiddenMenu button for Alteryx Resources hiddenSubmenu for Alteryx Resources hiddenSubmenu for Alteryx Resources hidden

Thanks,

John Miller

Every month the fantastic @LeahK posts the Community Top Contributors blog (Link to last month's post).

These include information on the Top Star Authors and Top Solution Authors for the given month.

Today, there is a default view of a rolling 30 days of history for most-starred and most solutions, which is really cool, since you can see who has contributed a good idea or solution recently.

However, as a somewhat competitive person who enjoys gamification probably a little bit too much, there is a problem!  There is currently no way (that I am aware of) to see how many solutions a user has since the month started.  What this means is that it is rather difficult to tell who is at the top of the leaderboard for the month until the month ends.

As an example, as of the time of this writing, I am #3 on the Solution Authors leaderboard for the last 30 days, with 28 solutions, putting me one full solution above @MarqueeCrew.  However, if I dig into my posting history, I solved a post about splitting strings in SQL on 10/29, which means that when I look at my November Solutions, I actually only have 27!  Mark and I are tied!  This gets even more complicated if I then want to try and find out if Mark has any solutions from late October that might go away, and before you know it I've spent 15 minutes writing an idea post about this topic because I've dug myself into an analytics pit!

Having a view in the Stars Leaderboard and Solution Authors Leaderboard for "Month to date", which would include all solutions since the first of whatever month we are in, would help me with my gamification of community time, and would enhance my experience.  Since this would reset to 0 on the first of every month, I understand why the view is not as interesting for front-page status, but having it as a time range option would be awesome!

behold my MS Paint skillsbehold my MS Paint skills

EDIT: Since I started writing this post about 20 minutes ago and now, one of my recent solutions "expired", and Mark and I are tied!

0 Likes

This mainly comes as an idea due to the Weekly Challenge threads which get an overwhelming number of replies compared to other threads. 

In today's day and age, we are constantly on the move and we may not always have access to the laptop/desktop that we have installed Alteryx on. While on the move and no access to the Alteryx installed computer, it would be great to login to the Alteryx Community Simulator to test or solve a problem or try a new field, formula, etc. to see how the results would look.

Hello Team - Maybe a simple fix, but could you please change the color of the font with which the names of the user groups leads are written. Most of the time, it's barely visible.

Portal.PNG

It would be wonderful to have a rich mobile version of the community.

Lithium has an experimental (beta) version out there, and if Alteryx can adopt this we can use the power of the alteryx community to test this and make this bullet proof.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lithium.lithosphere

Hopefully this lithium mobile app can be used on any lithium-powered site without re-engineering?

Today, when scrolling through "Hot" Ideas - those with a lot of activity on them, I often come across features which have a status of Duplicate or Not Planned.

Having these in the "Hot" list makes it harder to easily scan ideas and star those that I consider important or valuable.

Pushing these results down in the list would help improve the Idea browsing experience in my opinion!

Congratulations!  You've ______________ 5 times this week.  Some new gamification ideas to reward continuous involvement in the community.

Cheers,

Mark

Currently, there is no consolidated group for Alteryx For Good where individuals can join as members or post a blog or recent visit post. (I understand co-lab is there but it is very different from the ask)

The suggestion is to create a separate tab under - Alter Nation tab of the community portal similar to Women of Analytics.

This will help all the AFG enthusiasts to stay updated about the news and events happening across the world and also take some learnings from each other's visits and implement it in their respective regions.

This will also generate more excitement about Alteryx For Good and eventually trigger more Good to the community!!!

Similar to the weekly challenges camping badges (weekly challenge badges that are assigned when individuals complete - 5, 10, 30, 50, 100 challenges) - There should be camping badges for the regular Alteryx For Good visitors.- 2, 5, 7, 10, 15, 30, 50, 100 (the frequency can be less as there are only limited number of visits one can make throughout the year).

This will bring in a gamification aspect for a good cause and will also be helpful to track individuals who have done more AFG visits and others can leverage their experience and expertise.

Please note this Idea is different from the Adhoc Badge idea posted earlier.

Alteryx For Good Activity in India is AdHoc (based on when the charity organization was on-boarded and based on the nature of the Alteryx use cases they have) hence, we will rarely be able to follow or get the existing Alteryx For Good week badges.

The suggestion is to create new badges that can be allocated to individuals who participate in such events/activities.

This will help to keep up the momentum of the volunteers!

(I understand tracking can be a challenge, but we can use eventbrite portal to track the attendance.)

Hi all,

Is there a way to find out whether the solution to the weekly challenge has been accepted?

Is it also possible to track the status of the challenges - e.g. which ones have been replied to, and of them which have been solved?

Many thanks!

Top Liked Authors