The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea

To make it easier to find the latest download for Alteryx... it was easy when it was downloads.alteryx.com but then it changed to licenses.alteryx.com and I wasted some time trying to find a way to get to it. It could also just be a link under Getting Started or Alteryx Resources, I know it's out there as a link somewhere but more a more visible and prominent option would be nice. Something like my wonderful artist rendition below:

Capture.JPG

Hi,

This is similar to some other requests I've posted in the past relating to badges.

When I look at my profile ( https://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4671) I see a series of badges sorted by earned date - so the most recently earned badges are at the top.  This is a helpful listing, but as new badges are earned, some really cool ones float off the page.  For example, my Core Certification badge moved off recently, and the Advanced Certified is on its way off the page!

I'm wondering if a second row could be added of "favorites", with an option for users to "favorite" some badges that they really like.  These may be things like the certifications which speak to a user's qualifications/experience, or something like the "Stars Champion" badge, which only one user has.  I think allowing a curated list like this could add a lot of value to user profiles, and add a sense of customization/personalization, increasing engagement.

@LeahK,

How about having a page dedicated to the Grand Prix?  It could include a virtual trophy and bios of the winners (even the participants).  It might also be interesting to have links to the actual problems that they had to solve and potentially even have the data too for download.  Videos of the winning experiences would be a bonus.

Cheers,

Mark

I really like the new Community design and I think that splitting discussion by product is a fantastic way to direct users.

I would like one more page, that functions similarly to the designer/server/promote pages, which have links to discussion, knowledge base, and ideas.

Ideally, this page would have a link/button that would bring you to each of the ideas pages for the various products, so eg:

User clicks a "Idea Center" link.

Here there are 5 links:
Community Ideas
Connect Ideas

Designer Ideas

Server Ideas

Promote Ideas

Each of these links is basically identical to the ones that already exist today (maybe the icon changes to be a lightbulb and the image for that particular product?)

That way it is easy to navigate specifically to suggestions, which I think will be helpful for ease of access.

So we have specific divisions on the community;

• Designer

• Server

• Connect

• Promote
Picture1.png

but nothing for Datasets!

Actually Connect and Promote are "additional capabilities" to Server as you can see at the pricing pages; https://www.alteryx.com/products/platform-details/pricing.

So are the datasets so I would suggest a Dataset division on the left hand side...

• This will enable us to ask specific questions about the ever evolving and quarterly updated datasets...
  • Plus we will be (at least me) able to provide new ideas and sources of datasets...

I would like to see a beta testing badge. It would be cool for each version so we can see who is pushing for a better Alteryx future.

I'd love to see the ability to create a private community that would serve as a subset to community.alteryx.com.  Many of us work for large corporations and are unaware of other users within the organization.  We are left to our own devices to attempt to connect and share.  With private communities we could

• enable better networking (who's going to conference?)
  • automatically suggest membership to the private community based on email domain or license
  • encourage better participation through gamification/badging (competing against peers vs Alteryx consultants and wise aces)
  • share knowledge
  • identify who the best participants were within our organization (as a way to identify talent)
  • reveal opportunity gaps and leverage positive peer pressure (if Joe's department is now certified why isn't mine?)
0 Likes

Can't find inspire 2016 and 2017 videos web pages on Alteryx web site are they removed?

I think the New Posts feed could be improved by filtering the Challenge question answers out of it. They push out people's actual new comments and questions.

I see I can go month by month but takes quite a bit of time. The weekly challenge index is very helpful and useful :) 

0 Likes

Why is there no Label in the Community specific to "Reporting"?

Hi,

A great way to promote and share the awesome Alteryx Certification process is to allow Badge and Certification URL  to show up in LinkedIn.  Here is example of IBM certification badges:

https://cognitiveclass.ai/badge-program/

Thanks

[Old Dog] + [New Tricks]

Here's a gripe.  I'm used to typing "help.alteryx.com" (or a shortened version of it) into my address bar when helping others in the community.  Now you get redirected to a landing page for 3 products and have to choose which Alteryx product you are asking for help with.  I've thought of a few alternatives to this including help.alteryx.com/designer which would bring you to the most recent version of the help page. 

I try to include hyperlinks to help articles when practical.  Hopefully it gives the hope that help can be found in the help documentation (LMGTFY).  To that end, perhaps a button (to help) on community would be useful?

Cheers,

Mark

I have had a number of times where I've responded to forum posts only to discover upon posting that someone else has posted an (often better) answer ahead of me, and my answer is now redundant.

It would be nice to have a notification before posting that the thread has changed.

0 Likes

I love the Weekly Challenges.   Unfortunately, my corporate security has deemed them insecure.   I cannot any longer download the starter or the challenges.   Could we also have the starter in a word or text description so that we can recreate it on my side.   I can still download documents... I think!  

(Dogbert Principle of Security:   "Ideally, perfect security is only achieved when there is no possibility of achieving meaningful work .") 

0 Likes

The link on this page for Educators does not work. Please fix it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Alteryx-for-Good

While @SeanAdams is posting pictures of poppy I see him struggling to get the picture orientation right. It would be nice to be able to have minor edits in the picture saving process. 

90CDDA6E-643D-44BC-9957-10D59247F390.jpeg

Cheers,

Mark

While this is probably a stretch, I think many of the developers would love to see the option to use Markdown when authoring their posts and/or blogs.

How about a filter that would reveal all ZERO reponse items in the Discussion forums?  This would reveal old questions that never found a response.

Not going to bore you with my use case (but if you really want to know, send me a private message), but I think it would be an added bonus to specify which email address you want to use for community subscriptions, even if it's not the email tied to your community profile.

Top Liked Authors