The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

0 Likes

When running an analytical app in designer desktop, the user has the ability to choose the location they want the output saved.  However, when you move that same app to the gallery, they no longer have that option.  They have to download the file and move it to the intended location.  Being able to specify the location would save the end user time.  I also have an app that uses a formula tool to save the output to the same location as the input, but moving to gallery does not allow the user to do this.

0 Likes

Currently there is no way to clear historic notifications, it would be good to add this functionality.

Linked to this is system messages do not work as expected, as system message should either be present or not. However, when cleared it persists in the notifications and the clearage also shows as a blank entry, which is a poor user experience.

Having the ability to clear notifications would help with this, but ideally system messages should be separate from the notifications, as in whilst it is active it should appear as a banner in the UI as per the documentation and not be clearable by the user and when it is not in place, i.e. the event has occurred, it should not be present, there is no need to refer back to this system message.

• Enhancement
0 Likes

Currently SAML configuration can only pass First Name, Last Name & Email Address. It would be useful if additional attributes could be configured, such as group information. This would link to another enhancement that is automatically linking new users to a given collection based on this additional attribute.

0 Likes

Currently any pages or links that you create are displayed as uppercase, which is a poor user experience.

• Enhancement
0 Likes

Anyone with access to a collection can see the Users & Groups tabs, which show information that is no appropriate for non administrators to see and prompts unwanted questions. Users no not need to know who else has access to the collection and what rights they have.

It would be useful if there was a configuration option to hide these tabs from roles below Curator.

0 Likes

Currently pages you add to server when opened via the link icon open in a new window. If you are using SSO authentication, such as SAML this essentially logs the user out in that window. This is not a good user experience.

Ideally there should be an configurable option to open pages within the current window, thereby maintaining login and provided a better navigation experience.

0 Likes

Allow Collection owner to be a point of contact rather than a sub-Curator. We want a ticket process to control access to collection workflows and users in a SOX-dedicated gallery and giving those permissions outside the ticket process would be a hole in our control environment. Currently we make a service account the owner, but that means we need a list of contact people on the side.

0 Likes

When a user saves an APP and that APP contains macros with embedded macros (2 to N layers deep).  Make package with ALL subroutine/macros included an option.  This is a PAIN for users to try to manage otherwise.

cheers,

Mark

0 Likes

Hi Alteryx Team,

in one of my current projects we would like to set up a Alteryx Gallery Collection using the API, which already works fine using the current API implementation.

In addition we want users of this collection enable to use DataConnection to DBs they are allowed to access. This can already be done manually. I can create a Data Connection manually and then I assign the same users I already assigned to the Collection also to the Data Connection. Adding these users to the Data Connection can also be done using API. The only part that is missing is the CREATION OF DATA CONNECTION USING API.

The other option is to make it possible to assign Data Connections to Collections, which is unfortunately also not possible at the moment.

Our challenge is that we want to create those kind of workspaces a lot of times for a lot of colleagues without additional manual effort.

That's why I ask for enhancing the DataConnection API in order to create Data Connection using Gallery API.

Regards

Robert

0 Likes

HI All, 

While creating a schedule to the workflow we could observe that the frequency is basically categorized into four options like Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly. When coming to the "weekly" option why the user can have a choice to select multiple days in a week here? And why not the user who select "Daily" option can have a choice to select their own days according to the requirement?. In Daily frequency we could find only one option "Run only during work Week9Mon-Fri". Whereas in Tableau Schedules we could observe Weekly frequency enables the user to schedule only a single day in a week and in Daily frequency it enables the user to select multiple days in a week which really helps the user to create schedules in an effective way.

Alteryx:Daily Frequency Schedule

Ariharan_2-1667654101508.png

Alteryx:Weekly Frequency Schedule

Ariharan_3-1667654117641.png

Tableau:Daily Frequency Schedule:

Ariharan_6-1667654193740.png

Tableau:Weekly Frequency Schedule:

Ariharan_5-1667654155578.png

Regards 

Ariharan R

0 Likes

Currently we can create static pages on the gallery from the Admin view using the Pages tab. I haven't been able to add in custom HTML code and would like to have such a page dynamically updated from the output of an Alteryx workflow Render tool (or similar). Ideally it would allow as much functionality as possible so that arbitrary HTML features could be implemented. Partly suggested by a prior idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Embed-webpages-in-Gallery-Pages/idi-p/8963

• Enhancement
0 Likes

The page title never changes from Gallery when navigating through it. This is quite frustrating if you are trying to go back to a specific page or searching for something on the browse history.

gabrielvilella_0-1666811921592.png

• Enhancement
0 Likes

Experts - 

I think the user experience in the "Workflow Results" area could be vastly improved with a simple tweak: rather than having 1 record per job we could have 1 record per workflow, with the ability to then expand each workflow to see all associated jobs, and then expand each job to see all the associated messages.  

Even better: add the ability to toggle sorting by job or workflow!

Most of the time I need to find a particular job (and we may run each workflow a lot during testing) so seeing a long list of workflows with the same name is sort of clunky, and then having to go page by page looking for the job in question makes it even clunkier.  

Thanks for the consideration!

• Enhancement
0 Likes

Hi folks

There are quite a few very useful Alteryx items I have been using recently that I have found on the help pages / public gallery. However, when I searched for them, I didn't quite use the correct search terms so this took longer than I had hoped and I was on a tight deadline. An example is the "Server Pre-Upgrade Checks" workflow used during Server upgrades.

My idea is to put these utilities in the Download portal in the same way that the Server Usage Report is. 

Of course, there should be a limit as to what goes in there but, like the Server Usage Report  can be done on a case-by-case basis. 

Cheer, jonna

Top Liked Authors