The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

I manage a server with 200 + Artisans. Some of them tend to abuse the Scheduler by having workflows running every hour or every x hours. This can penalize other users creating big queues thought the day. Currently I monitor the queue and schedule often and then contact these individuals to better accommodate their needs.

Having the possibility to disable hourly workflows, or enable to only specific users, would help a lot to deter the abusers.

Thanks,

Mauricio Estevez

It should be possible to trigger the same workflow in different ways from Alteryx Gallery: 

- Workflow chaining: 

-  Workflow B runs after the successful execution of Workflow A

-  Workflow B runs after the failure of Workflow A

- Schedule: Workflow B runs on multiple schedules

- API call (even when it is not an analytical app) 

For example (considering the same workflow): 

- Audit workflow runs every day

- Audit workflow runs every hour during the last day of the month

- Audit workflow runs if triggered by financial close on 3rd party tool 

- Audit workflow runs after the execution of the financial workflow

Hi!

It would be very useful if Alteryx would allow users to create folders under their Private Gallery. My private gallery is now 3+ pages long & it would be super helpful to be able to organize the workflows into different folders (Archive/Retail/Linear/Fin/etc), allowing for easier housekeeping & tracking. I realize their is collections but I'm not trying to share anything here, just organize my content for easier viewing.

Thank you!

1.JPG   1.JPG  1.JPG

When a render tool is run on Designer pointed to a temporary file the log gives you a clickable link to access the output.  When deployed to the Gallery unless you have given it a specific output destination with %temp% in the filename you get... nothing.  

What did I expect?  The pdf or other temp file to render on the screen or at least download for me.  Or give me a dropdown selection of the various files render could create for me.

2021-09-29_15-20-05.png

Currently, we have the functionality to set a recurring schedule with daily frequency with an option to 'Run only during work week (Mon-Fri)' I would like to add this 'Run only during work week (Mon-Fri)' option to the Hourly frequency interface. 

Tony_Castillo_0-1630671237931.png

No current option to run on weekdays only:

Tony_Castillo_1-1630671308224.png

In Alteryx Gallery admin, please add a confirmation before applying a change to the default user roles.  Since it can be changed so easily and isn't very clear to what happens when new admins make a change to that drop down.  For example:  They do not realize they changed all the default users to curators!  But they do learn quickly.

Regards,

John Colgan

With a majority of our Alteryx users working via VPN, our Firewall systems are detecting a brute force attack if a user tries to open another Alteryx tab within 60 seconds.  We would like to request to reduce the amount of authentications attempts on the Alteryx Gallery site when launched, so there isn't 100+ 401 unauthorized errors to trigger the Firewall system to disconnect the session.

Ability to change the default workflow settings when to also include [Others may view this workflow's history] in a similar way to the other attributes in workflow settings that are set by default.  This would prove beneficial for workflows which are shared across a large team and need to be run on a consistent frequency and are not run headless.  The inability to set this by default leaves a risk that the setting remains unchecked and more than one user triggers that workflow in a given month which could result in a material impact if the output of that workflow is posting to another system in the firm.

Hello, 

We have been building a solution for a client that involved chaining apps. When we uploaded the workflow to the server, we got the below error: Workflow exceeded maximum runtime of 30 seconds and was cancelled. We were able to rectify this by having the client implement the change here. While I understand the need for the limit, is there any plan to have this fix be more obvious to the average user to implement or avoid needing to reimplement following a server upgrade?

Thanks, 

I Would Like a new Email added under [ Admin -> Notifications -> Emails ] where it would send an Email when a Schedule reaches the status "Complete" 

This can serve a couple of use cases;

1. You have many things going on and this email can let you know "This schedule has now been completed"  
    1. From my experience we usually schedule things indefinitely, however if an end was put in place this can be a reminder of whether or not to continue scheduling the workflow
  2. It can also notify when a schedule inadvertently reaches "Complete" status, in the backend this could be because it has status "Corrupt: AlteryxService_RetrieveSecureData Failed."
    1. This has caused issues multiple times of schedules that are supposed to be indefinite reach "Complete" Status without our knowing. With many workflows and schedules this is not something we can babysit.
    2. brief research suggests this error could be due to restarting the Alteryx Service during a schedule, which we do weekly for our backup. And trying to coordinate a time when no schedules are running is difficult when something runs every 10 minutes.

When using In-DB with iSeries over Generic ODBC everything works fine in Designer however when executing via Gallery process fails because a semi-colon ";" is added to the SQL statement as a terminator character and iSeries rejects this SQL0104 - Token ; was not valid. Valid Values < END OF STATEMENT > 

We have a MongoDB connection string that we plug in to RuntimeSettings.xml during install.  Upon startup, the Mongo connection fails because RuntimeSettings.xml expects the connecting string to be encrypted.  The fix for this, is for someone to manually update the MongoDB connection via the Alteryx UI.  We would like a way to encrypt the MongoDB connection string for RuntimeSettings.xml before we start Alteryx for the first time.

Hi Alteryx Team,

I understand that the Timeout feature on all Workers is only available for the workflows scheduled on Alteryx Server.

In a heavily used server environment and depending on how workflows are configured, can we have a timeout feature available for non-scheduled workflows (adhoc workflow runs/manually triggered workflow runs) as well on all the Workers on Alteryx Server ?

Thank You,

Nishi Jain

Have the Alteryx Server send a notification when the license is within a configurable amount of days to being expired via SMTP

0 Likes

As the single user who upload workflow MYWorkspace ends up being very crowded.  I move them to collections to be able to share but on My workspace, I can not see which collection they are associated to. It would be nice if there was a column displayed that showed associated collections.   As well as being able to have some different types of category classification.  I would want something like a development stage: (In-progress, UAT level, deployed, retired) If they are retired a way to remove them off my general workspace area.

0 Likes

Please could all log file paths on Server have the option to change their location, including 

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\ErrorLogs\AlteryxE2

To enable all log files to be written to an alternative drive than the installation.

The benefit it to prevent excessive space usage on the C: drive

Support have advised there is no way to alter the path or limit these log files by number or size.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

in version 2019.3, with artisan role, I able to add workflow to collection in the workflow page.

I not sure for later version, but in version 2021.4, only curator can do so. 

If I uploaded a workflow, designer already give me a link to the workflow, hence if I can add the workflow to the collection.

it goes through 2 pages within 2mins (max). it is very fast for me. 

but now, I have to go back to the homepage > collection > add workflow > wait eternal time for server to get the list of workflow > select it > click add.

it extra 5~ steps. with min 10mins extra time. and if the number of workflows larger and larger, 

it has chance that it fails to load the list and have to wait another 10mins, and another and another endless 10mins.

so 2mins > endless 10mins? please add back this feature.

0 Likes

Hello! We just upgraded to 23.2, and I see in v3 an endpoint to start a job (v3/workflows/{id}/jobs) and then another to get that job's status (v3/jobs/{jobID}). Compared to v1, I think the outputs endpoint is missing (v1/jobs/{jobID}/output/{outputID}). I'd love for this to be added so we can upgrade from v1 to v3. 

0 Likes

The dcm admin apis look promising. I would love if they could add put endpoints for sharing/execution and sharing/collaboration for admins. There is already a delete command for those two endpoints

0 Likes

I want to let my artisans choose the collaboration option when sharing dcm sources. Currently they'd have to be promoted to curators to do this.

Top Liked Authors