The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Private Server "Run As" Functionality for Individual Modules

In the Private Server settings, you can "Run As", but it is all or nothing -- anything on Scheduler will "Run As" the user coded (or you can leave it as the default which is the machine).  It would be helpful if functionality existed like the Gallery - where you can dictate "Run As" for each individual module.

4 Comments
Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @mbarone ,

I raised the same thing in a community discussion thread - and @TanyaS sent me to this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/How-Workflow-Credentials-Work-on-a-Pr...

I've got some time set aside to look at this to see if I can get this working this weekend.

Have you managed to get this credential functionality working in your own world Mike?  

Here's the discussion thread post too: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Run-a-particular-Canvas-under-different-...

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @SeanAdams ,

I did not see that thread until now.  I have not tried that yet.  To be honest, it sounds like a lot of steps to do something that should be able to be set at the workflow/module/canvas level.  Plus, we're still on Sever 2018.3, so I'm not sure that functionality exists in that version (it might, I haven't looked into it).  We set up a generic account for the Server, which has it's risks as you mentioned, and means we have to submit a request for access each time a new drive is added to which the server needs access.  But, at some point in the future, I will give it a try (assuming it's available in 2018.3 server) and let you know the results.