Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Macro use directly from Gallery

I was reading a post on the Community (http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Publishing-Gallery/Macro-sharing-Best-practice/m-p/38330) which reminded me of an idea that I had.

It would be really nice if a Gallery location could be used as a "Macro Search Path" so that macros don't need to be downloaded from the Gallery and saved locally to be used in a workflow.

So in addition to going to Options>User Settings>Edit User Settings>Macros and adding a local/network path, you could add your internal gallery information...

24 Comments
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KylieF it would be useful for ideas with significant numbers of likes and comments (like this one) to have a bit more feedback as to why the idea is not planned.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

How can this idea declined while the idea of a web version of designer is accepted? Both come together.

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

While we appreciate your passion, the decision to place this functionality into the Not Planned category was made based on several variables, including time, production direction, development bandwidth, potential development road bumps, and testing requirements. Currently, there are several long-term features being developed, and for functionality such as this, we need to focus on the features already under development to ensure their quality. 

We truly do like this idea, however, which is why it is being considered as a potential future road map item for the Alteryx Analytics Hub product.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks for the update @JohnPelletier and we understand you've got a ton of features to consider