The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Hiding from a choice list an user who is not an Alteryx user

Hello,

Now it is possible to share a collection which a user who is not granted to access Alteryx server.

We use AD to grant users access to Alteryx Gallery. However, when a user is not in this group, it is still possible to choose him as a person to share. 

In my opinion, such user should be indicated as someone who won't be able to use a shared collection, or he should be presented at all.

Best,

Piotr

3 Comments
TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

@piotrzawistowski , thanks for your idea. I just want to clarify I understand the request. I got two interpretations from what you posted:

• Admins can block users from being shared with
  • Admins can stop collections from being shared with users who are not already part of the Server

Are either of these what you're looking for?

piotrzawistowski
8 - Asteroid

Hi Tanya,

The access to our Gallery is allowed by being a member of proper AD group. Saying it differently: if you're not in correct AD group, you can't get into Gallery...

but...

Even if you are not in dedicated AD group, you can be shared with a subscription. Saying this: Alteryx displays people from AD server but doesn't check if they can access Gallery.

Hope this explanation helps.

Thanks,

Piotr

TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Your comments were quite helpful. We will look at how this fits into the current strategy and I will follow up when we decide if we're going to incorporate this into the product. Thank you!