Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Hiding from a choice list an user who is not an Alteryx user

Hello,

Now it is possible to share a collection which a user who is not granted to access Alteryx server.

We use AD to grant users access to Alteryx Gallery. However, when a user is not in this group, it is still possible to choose him as a person to share. 

In my opinion, such user should be indicated as someone who won't be able to use a shared collection, or he should be presented at all.

Best,

Piotr

3 Comments
TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

@piotrzawistowski , thanks for your idea. I just want to clarify I understand the request. I got two interpretations from what you posted:

• Admins can block users from being shared with
  • Admins can stop collections from being shared with users who are not already part of the Server

Are either of these what you're looking for?

piotrzawistowski
8 - Asteroid

Hi Tanya,

The access to our Gallery is allowed by being a member of proper AD group. Saying it differently: if you're not in correct AD group, you can't get into Gallery...

but...

Even if you are not in dedicated AD group, you can be shared with a subscription. Saying this: Alteryx displays people from AD server but doesn't check if they can access Gallery.

Hope this explanation helps.

Thanks,

Piotr

TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Your comments were quite helpful. We will look at how this fits into the current strategy and I will follow up when we decide if we're going to incorporate this into the product. Thank you!