Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Get the login of the user when running an app from the Gallery

It would be really useful to be able to obtain the user name of some one running an app in the Gallery. This could be used for instance in row level security for people running an app that produces a report and that data is considered sensitive

30 Comments
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for the idea, Tim! Obtaining the username, along with potentially other useful information in the Gallery context, is something we are evaluating, and we'll use this feedback to help drive that future functionality. In addition to user name (email address, or in the case of Windows Auth, the user's network name), are there any other Gallery-related bits of information you'd like to have available? Some other pieces of info that we're considering for inclusion thus far would be things such as the Studio name, for example, to be able to tailer the report output for a studio or to retrieve data relevant to a studio/group of people.

SandeepChayanam
7 - Meteor

Exposing the user name/user login,app name,studio name, workflow full path within an analytical app/alteryx workflow would be perfect.

Especially functions that return the user login in an analytical app to implement the row level security feature for end users would add a real value in my project at the moment.

Looking forward to have this feature sooner. Any update on this feature, KoryC ?

Also, are there any workarounds to implement this feature in the current or prior versions (<= 10.5) ?

Regards,

Sandeep.

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

Did this functionality ever get added?

MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @autolycus,

Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, this feature is not yet in our product. It is not currently slated for the near future so I would love to see if more customers are interested in this. If so, we can do our best to get it bumped in priority.

yuliadya
5 - Atom

Please add this feature ASAP. Thank you.

dfrans
7 - Meteor

I believe that a lot of customers can benefit from this to integrate data security in their workflows.

djoyus1
8 - Asteroid

Checking on the availability of this feature.  Any release dates?

Rich_Stebles
8 - Asteroid
I would like to add my voice to this one too please - I would like to be able to get the registered email address of the user running a gallery app, to auto-populate the "to" field so I can email the results of the workflow to them (without requiring them to manually type in their email address into a text box). Thanks :-)
joebush
5 - Atom
Please add this feature.
wildflower
8 - Asteroid

@MattB Hello, it's been 3 years since the initial request -- may we please have an update on this feature? Can you please make it priority if it hasn't already?