Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Fix the error with instaling on the Designer and Server Qlik Analytics Samples

Hello Alteryx team, 

I would like to propose idea that was mentioned on the community but there is no solution either.

It was mentioned at https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Data-Cleansing-tool-suddenly-stopped-w...

The issue is related to Qlik Analytics Samples and error that it is causing with wrong path error for default macros like eg.CountRecords.

2 Comments
qw199505
7 - Meteor

from looking at the above link and the link Troubleshooting Invalid Path for macros after installing Starter Kit plus our own experience it seems some Kits are not designed well as they corrupt the existing paths rather than integrate or supplement with additional paths.

While these links point to "solutions" requiring the user to go fix what broke I think this Idea's main objective is to get Alteryx to clean these kits up so they can be added to desktops and server installations without causing disruption.  Tends to make one hesitant to deploy some of these otherwise valuable things when often they cause extra work and time lost fixing what broke after installing them.  From what I see it would be easy to fix the Kits so no more users/admins need to fix the installs after the fact.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback!

And thank you qw199505 for that clarification! It's not often we get feedback on the kits so it's good to see that people are using them and are interesting in seeing them improved/evolved upon. 

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and like or comment on any user ideas that would be beneficial to you!