The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Would be great if a user could be part of multiple studios at the same time

I would like to collaborate with my team, but also maintain my own personal private studio.

Is that on the road map?

-Dan

20 Comments
aubreefoster
5 - Atom

Any update on this? And if not, is there any way I can move my team from private studios to one large studio that has multiple members that have access to it? I need my team to see each others workflows, edit and save over workflows as well as see when those workflows are scheduled.

pramodhps
5 - Atom

@MattB  Is there any update on this request? The limitation of one private studio per user has been very inconvenient for the data artisans within our organization.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

As the Alteryx Server continues to evolve we are looking at many options. Upon further review of this idea, it will no longer fit into the long term plan for Server. Please know that we are constantly innovating and considering as many ideas as we possibly can. We hope the continued innovation will make this idea obsolete.

bhaushedbale
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Any update on this, can we assign single user as part of multiple studios.

TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@bhaushedbaleThis idea is not planned to be implemented. We are working to improve asset and user management by removing the subscription/studio model and expanding the capabilities of Collections so they can be leveraged for collaboration and sharing.

mdemczuk
6 - Meteoroid

So an idea posted in 2016 and accepted twice does not get any traction. Now Alteryx is working to 'improve' asset and user management with unknown timeline.

I can't say I am impressed.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @mdemczuk,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the frustration that has come with this idea. We'll be the first to admit that in the past we did not have our processes in order for properly handling the idea boards, which resulted in some ideas falling through the cracks. We are taking new and active initiatives to update, include and implement ideas from these boards with new process put into place. However, this does mean some ideas that previously were accepted will have to be updated to other statuses as our roadmap has changed and it is no longer feasible to include these ideas at this point.

Our Server team is diligently working to improve the user experience with studios, subscriptions, and collections which will alleviate some of the issues this idea was looking to address. We thank you for submitting your feedback however, and please do not hesitate to do so in the future!

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

So any updates on this 4 year old request?

alison
7 - Meteor

I agree with the sentiment that there needs to be a better forum for collaboration...however that may look.

There's no point in having such automated processes that serve an entire company if only one person can view them. Literally, just putting workflow results within a shared collection would probably do the trick.

nishant_saxena
7 - Meteor

Please implement this feature . It's much needed. Also employees do and leave the company and hence assets transfer is big mess right now with no handy feature other than playing around with subscription keys.