Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Support WebDav For The Alteryx Scheduler

The WebDAV protocol isn't supported by the Alteryx Scheduler,  due to the security constraints associated with connecting to SharePoint.  This is a server side limitation that should be aligned with the ability of the desktop to preform the WebDAV action.  

3 Comments
The_Dev_Kev_Env
9 - Comet

Workaround that we have helped with a client was to call a simple batch command in the beginning of the workflow that would delete the drive and then re-map the drive (with credentials provided) each time the workflow was run. Not elegant, but functional.

-devKev

adriansilk
6 - Meteoroid

@The_Dev_Kev_Env  you make this sound simple!  But... do you recall how the batch file supplies credentials for the (presumably still WebDEV) drive connection when running scheduled on the Server/Gallery?

Everything I've read around the SharePoint connectivity issue seems to point to the Alteryx engine running in the non-interactive (i..e session 0) session on the server (my Gallery is on the same server as my Server installation) and this is what stops it authenticating to SharePoint

Regards, Adrian

PeteZeel
5 - Atom

Ability to add a UNC path for macros would be hugely beneficial to my team.