The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Non-admin Publication of Alteryx Packages to Server Gallery

The idea here is that it would be very beneficial to allow general users to publish .YXZP packages to their server gallery (and/or the pubic gallery!!!).  Currently, this can only be accomplished by a server administrator through the 'Admin' page on the server.  It is also a completely different process than that of publishing Apps, Workflows, Macros etc., which can be done easily from the desktop designer.

For instance,  I have developed an Adobe Analytics - Connector Toolkit, which is a .yxzp package, and is located HERE (check it out!).  However, I do not have the ability to upload it to gallery.alteryx.com because I am obviously not an admin on the public gallery.

The neat thing about publishing packages to the server is that they appear just like Applications in the gallery.  Descriptions can be added and you can even disable the default 'Run' button and provide a 'Download' or 'Save' button instead.

Hopefully, this is a feature that may be available in a future server release!

Regards.

Taylor Cox

P.S. - the Adobe Analytics - Connector Toolkit is also attached below.

2 Comments
MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks @Coxta45 for the idea. It is not currently planned but we would love to see how many folks are interested in this. We have noted this idea. Please keep them coming!

While this would not completely work for you, we added YXI install support for Server in 11.7. It is an easier way to get a tool uploaded to Server for consumption.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Updating this idea's status back to Not Planned, to be in line with past product updates.