Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Need granular control of Gallery defaults

As a Server 2018.4 admin, I need granular control of Server/Gallery defaults including:

1.) Pre-allocate AD users and groups (under Permissions) to specific Studios

2.) Control defaults for scheduling/priority/worker settings on Users

3.) Control defaults for workflow download/no-download at Gallery or Studio level

4.) Control defaults for notifications. Currently I have to check each notification template individually to disable it. Change template tile colors (or whatever) to provide visual queue as to which are enabled or disabled.

Above all, the tiled approach to displaying users, groups, studios simply isn't scalable. A simple data grid type display will allow higher information density allowing settings like: sharing, download ability, scheduling, credential type settings (studio default, artisan specified, runtime entered etc) to be easily reviewed. Basic server governance relies on easy visibility (reporting) of settings to ensure consistency...

2 Comments
JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is really old, so I'm not sure folks are still looking for these features, but let me just say:

- Ability to control user groups to match AD groups probably satisfies the first request above. We'll have that with the new V3 API that's coming out soon.

- Control over downloads or not can be supported with some API calls in a simple script

- As far as the UI, I totally agree that the tiles don't scale. In our new UI views it's all tables and grids.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

If anyone has further thoughts or comments on John's post, please let us know! We appreciate users for submitting their ideas and contributing the Community as a whole.