community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alteryx server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!

Allow admins to remove users from Local License Server

We have the Local License Server installed.  Right now, if a Designer user changes roles, or leaves the company, they have to release their license from their client-side machine.  If they don't release it properly, and IT can't get us into their machines, then we have to wait 7 days for that license to roll off the server.  There should be a way for a system admin to forcefully revoke someone's license.

2 Comments

Just seeing if anyone has any "workarounds" without doing anything to the client-side machine? I was hoping the License server would have a feature like this so that I don't have to email fulfillment to obsolete/revoke old licenses. I've only just started testing the licenses server, but I can't think of any way around this limitation.

Asteroid

@patrick_digan after months of testing and messing around we found no good solutions and eventually went back to cloud-based licenses.  This product is still very new and the only reason it was invented was for people who's designers can't get to the internet.  So unless that is you my suggestion would be not to use it until they develop it more.  

I was told that sometime in April they were going to revamp licensing and make it 100 times easier to manage.  We'll see if that pans out.