The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Email alerts for workflows that terminate with errors before actually completing

Hello,

Currently we are working on an issue where we are seeing an "inbound pipe" error during a scheduled workflow, terminating at the error.

However, the workflow doesn't officially complete; it simply terminates.

For the majority of workflows, when a workflow runs with errors, completing with errors, even if the workflow was unsuccessful, you can send an email via the events for that workflow, if the workflow completes with errors, to use as an alert or trigger, etc...

However this doesn't work when a workflow suddenly terminates with errors.

I'd like to see functionality added to all ow for an email event when a workflow terminates unexpectedly, without completing.

This way, I could set up a job to re-trigger the workflow if this happens.

This can occur when memory is swamped during the initial workflow.

This functionality would be a huge positive.

Thanks

1 Comment
apolly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
@jgolden, that is a great recommendation and I understand the limitation of the current functionality. We will take this idea into consideration, but I am unsure of a timeline at this point.