Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Cancel running workflow using Gallery API endpoint

Big time user of the Gallery API. In fact, I wrote an R package for it (shameless plug: https://cran.r-project.org/package=alterryx).

It is great that you can queue a job for an application using the Gallery API but it would be great if I could also cancel a running job.

6 Comments
dataMack
12 - Quasar

Would like to see an Admin API endpoint added to Jobs that would allow for the cancellation of queued jobs. The idea would be that you can get a list of all jobs in the queue and then cancel anything you may need to.  Currently cancellation can only be done from the web front end of gallery admin section

nilaysameer
7 - Meteor

Absolutely.....Great idea we can into a use-case where it could have helped today.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All! This feature is under consideration for a future release and our Server team is currently researching the technical requirements to understand if or when we would be able to implement this feature. We'll update this idea again on when or if we'll be able to add this feature once we have completed this preliminary research.

vijayalt
6 - Meteoroid

This feature is definitely needed as it helps to cancel long running jobs which may degrades the server performance. Any timelines/or in which release this feature it going to get implemented.

tdiroff
7 - Meteor

I agree.. This ability would be of great interest to Ford

Thank you for posting

Tom D

Alekh
9 - Comet

I agree, this should definitely be a feature.