Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Build Standard Admin Use Cases into Gallery Admin API

Currently the Gallery's Admin API is a bit light on functionality. It only works with data connections & workflows and not regular server admin functions. Endpoints I'd love to see, but not limited to, are:

• Create/modify/diable users
  • Create/modify/delete subscriptions (including assigning users to subscriptions)
  • Job status
  • Add/modify/delete workflow schedules
10 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Thanks for this post @craigbloodworth.  I agree that adding to the Admin functionality for the Gallery API would go a long way to help with managing users/subscriptions, among other use cases, and is something we're actively thinking about.  In terms of the Job Status functionality, can you tell me a bit more about how you envision this working?  Currently, the jobs endpoint that exists at the Subscription level takes a parameter of the jobId and returns the status.  For the Admin implementation, do you see this working differently?  Returning a list of all jobs and statuses?  Thanks again for posting your feedback and I will look forward to seeing other users vote for this who may find this helpful.  

craigbloodworth
7 - Meteor

@JulieM yes, jobs should cover the entire server and not just the subscription level.

I'd like to know what jobs are currently running and what their status is, what jobs are scheduled, and the history of all jobs run on the server. The use case is to know what the 'state' of your server is without needing to pull everything from MongoDB.

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Great, thanks @craigbloodworth.  I'm marking this as Under Review - we're definitely looking at how we can fit some of these updates into the nearer term road map for Server.  Keep the comments coming and we'll keep this post updated.  

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

markusyk
7 - Meteor

Hi,

in Gallery Management API there should definitely be methods for user management. Addition to Craig's list:

- set/modify user role in gallery (no access,viewer, artisan, curator)

Thanks,

Markus

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@markusyk thank you for adding to the list.  We'll definitely keep all of these things in mind as we're pursuing this.  Thanks!

joeGade
10 - Fireball

Any update on this request/idea?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Updating this idea's status back to Under Review, to be in line with past product updates.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Ongoing

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community! We're currently working on implementing your idea, however this might take several releases due to the size or scope of the idea. We’ll be sure to update you as we get closer to the complete release of this idea!