Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Server Security - Remodel

Alteryx Server Security is So Complex and it's not easy to understand, Our IT/ Information Security feel that the security is not up to the standard and it's confusing. Also as an Alteryx Gallery Administrator, it's not easy to add users or delete users, Manage Groups and Studios.

The Security structure for any tool is like User-->group--Capability/Functionality. 

All we are requesting is keep up to enterprise standards.

3 Comments
JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@joeGadeWhich version of Server are you on now? Are these management issues getting better for you? This post is really old and may not be relevant anymore since we've made a lot of improvements in the area of user groups, so if you have lingering complaints about enterprise readiness on a 2021 version of Server, please let us know. Otherwise we'll consider this closed. 

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

For the following reasons I'm going to decide not to pursue it as a request:

• I haven't heard back about this with any specifics
  • It's more than 4 years old
  • We've made a TON of security and user management and asset management changes since then, so I'm not sure it's relevant anymore.

Please feel free to open a new idea/request if you have a recent version of Server and have some good feedback for us.

Thanks!

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned