community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alteryx server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!

Alteryx Gallery Search Engine Needs Attention

Wanted to grab some attention here regarding the Alteryx gallery search engine (which also bleeds over into searching for schedules and jobs when troubleshooting). 

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm pasting two pictures (one attachment) of searching our gallery for the word "Contour" and the word "Signal". Both of these words are in the title of a single workflow - when I search for the word "Contour", the workflow pops up. When I use the first word in the workflow, which is "Signal", it doesn't pop up. 

I appreciate all that Alteryx does, but I wouldn't think this should be a difficult issue to fix, and I would imagine there are other frustrations with the functionality here. 

3 Comments
Asteroid

search engine no bueno.PNG

I have a workflow I just pulled off the gallery (manually) that has the word "Search" in it. The search engine didn't recognize the workflow when using the word "Search" 😞

Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

There are a number of behaviors in the Server search that prompt comment. We're currently investigating best course of action for addressing some of them while maintaining or improving on current capabilities. Feel free to add comments regarding edge cases or oddities we should be aware of while we look into this!

-Tanya

Asteroid

Thanks Tanya. One of the main issues is that when you search for one of the words in a multi-word workflow, there are many instances when the search returns nothing. Also, even some workflows won't return when you search for the exact name of the workflow. This is also consistent when searching in the scheduler on designer, or doing a search in designer to open a workflow in the gallery (probably obvious there since it is likely all the same search engine but just pointing this out).