The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea
0 Likes

Hi all

Just a quick suggestion from me regarding the Gallery on Community, it would be great if when adding a tool to the community, we can label them as 'Base A'. Of course, this relies on a level of trust from users to tag their workflows, however, for many users, it can be more reassuring, or useful from a learning perspective to be able to know which tools only contain Alteryx-based tools.

My idea is that this is just an additional label in the uploading of a tool/workflow process, as seen below (spoofed with inspect element):

TheOC_0-1659890075384.png

Kind Regards,
TheOC

In the non-English communities, we miss the "Videos" section. That option would make it easier for people who do not speak English to find videos in their native language to learn from.

In the Portuguese community, for example, we had to create a workaround by publishing videos on the blog and creating a single fixed post indexing all videos because we didn't have an easy way to find them.

marcusblackhill_0-1657228490679.png

0 Likes

Hey everyone,

When we have an event coming up, you can confirm your attendance, which is very useful in my opinion. The issue with the "no" and "maybe" buttons is that I don't see the point in having them.

marcusblackhill_0-1657228053711.png

To be honest, I believe that using these options can leave a negative impression on others. The ideal, in my opinion, is to keep only the "Yes" button.

Getting to grips with building tools with the SDK can be quite challenging with multiple sources of information from the Github page to the help docs. A single straight forward video tutorial series on the community would be awesome.

0 Likes

I often access the Alteryx community on-the-go and find myself using the forums quite a lot on mobile. There have been several instances where I have replied to a post and then needed to edit this afterwards. Without waiting to get to my laptop, I have so far found that the only option I have is to post another reply correcting my original post. Unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to find any functionality to simply 'edit' posts on mobile and from a search of existing posts/ideas, I can't find anything else requesting this. Apologies in advance if I have simply missed something here!

Thanks,

Nathan

Hello!
Currently there are a couple of banners on the Alteryx Community with information for users:

TheOC_0-1653668328080.png

However, even if i dismiss/click the cross on both of these, they reappear if i navigate to another area of the community. It would be nice to remember that the user has dismissed them, and have them not pop up again. Otherwise, it may be worth removing the 'x', however i would prefer the former.

Thanks,
TheOC

Hello!

I am glad that all new tools are in one place under the Community Gallery now, and I have also noticed some Alteryx connectors have been moved out of Designer and into Gallery as a separate install. This is great for a lot of users who care about the speed of installation and size of storage on their machine.

However, as someone happy to spend time installing Alteryx tools, and no real limitation on drive space, it would be awesome to be able to download all Alteryx and Ace tools at once. I would think this would work best as two separate macro packs, downloadable from either the Gallery or the download portal, with all of the tools created by Alteryx and the Aces.

I think this would extend my functionality of Alteryx as I would have access to many of the Alteryx tools much easier. 

Thanks,
TheOC

Very often first time questioners post questions in formats which make it hard to answer. For instance. posting a question with no context about the data they are using or using an screenshot which the community will then have to manually type up themselves to answer the question. In this case if users could be pre prompted to add a copy and paste table beforehand it will allow the community to more quickly answer and understand new users questions.

0 Likes

I've noticed that a fair few community members who have a standard sign off on most of there posts, usually consisting of contact and business details. It would be nice UX feature to be able to set a default sign off/signatures to replies and posts much the same as can be done with email. 

Curious if folks in the transportation industry would be interested in re-invigorating an Alteryx supported member-led transportation user group? Sounds like @NeilFisk and @williamchan are willing to lead the charge and from an Alteryx perspective, it would be helpful to gauge interest from potential members to inform bringing this group back under the User Groups wheelhouse.

Give this idea a "like" to let us know you'd be excited about joining a Transportation group in community and getting involved in quarterly meetings. If you're willing to speak, host, lead, please comment as well ;-)

In the meantime, Neil and William are hoping to connect with folks at Inspire Denver 2022

😎

If you work in a different industry and are interested in other Industry user groups, please create a new Community idea, add the user group label, and share what you have in mind. 

It would be nice if the answers marked as solved were highlighted a little better. Currently, there is a little checkbox next to the start of the answer which can be hard to see when scrolling a longer list of answers. It would be nice if the answer was promoted to the top and also highlighted all in green (or at least a border.) that way it will be apparent when browsing through the chatter. 

0 Likes

I'm completing sections of the Alteryx Academy and see the 100% progress bar, but it would be great to have a link where we can see and download all our completed courses in a transcript form. We could provide it to our leadership as a way for them to measure growth in our skills, or bring it to interviews along with our resumes, etc.

0 Likes

Hey,
I believe this was a bug a while ago, however, I couldn't find the post surrounding it - sorry if this is a duplicate.

However, currently, the LinkedIn icon does not appear on the community profiles:

TheOC_0-1649958346083.png

And it is just a white square next to the twitter logo.

I cant seem to see anything obvious in the chrome inspect elements to suggest why its not appearing, and just for a test, it does not appear on Chrome (logged in), Chrome (logged out and incognito), or Edge.

It is also not just my profile:

TheOC_1-1649958683632.png

Thanks!
TheOC

We all loved the District section of the old Gallery, it was the single most important page of the old Gallery as it was allowing to quickly find high quality tools, no matter if built by Alteryx or Community.

In the current Gallery we are completely missing the categories for Alteryx built macros / connectors / tools, as well as we don't have a category for ACE-built tools. Right now, the Gallery is still in it's early days, but it's already hard to find the things that we are looking for. I often reference Gallery-Macros in the training and customer sessions. In the past I knew where to send the people (Districts Page), nowadays I don't. There is no single page that shows what is really important and quality proven. 

I like that we are able to tag what we upload, but there is no way to differentiate from quality builds and "others". I don't want to call people out here.

Take a look at the following page:

grossal_0-1649535372965.png

I'm sure that's amazing content and has its right to stay on the Gallery, but I'm pretty sure we aren't searching for this or shall we upload all our exercises and weekly challenges to the new Gallery?

We need:

- Alteryx Category

- ACE Category

- Quality Content flag

Theoretically there is the following (hidden) option - but it's only available on sub-pages.

grossal_1-1649535558992.png

And it's not really well maintained from what we can see. Let's take a look what's supported by Alteryx in the Automation Category:

grossal_2-1649535712540.png

And now let's take a look at the full page:

grossal_3-1649535789889.png

Alteryx has a technology alliance with Blueprism -  shouldn't we trust their content? The official Blue Prism Connector is not supported by Alteryx? And their macro as well. How shall I explain to my customers that these are "semi-official" (because not part of core-product) tools if they aren't even flagged as Alteryx-supported?

There are many more examples where even Macros from the AlteryxProducts account are not flagged as supported by Alteryx (e.g. Runner macro). 

There needs to be a single page that shows all high-quality builds, as well as we need a page for all Alteryx / ACE tools to make it easier for everyone.

Best

Alex

Not sure if this is intentional, but can we get the date that something was uploaded to the public Gallery to show up as our default date display format configured in our Community settings?

Currently I have my date settings:

Kenda_1-1649297964673.png

but Gallery uploads still appear (DD/MM/YYYY):

Kenda_2-1649298004987.png

June 4th 2022 definitely hasn't happened yet.

It is nice how typing the @ symbol brings up a list of users already on a post that you're replying to. This makes tagging people quick and easy. 

Sometimes the list of users that have replied to a post is greater than the subset sample shown in this dropdown, however. In this case, you can start typing and the results do update, but it seems to return the best match from the Community at large. If I want to tag someone from this particular post I'm replying to, I often have to type out nearly the whole name before it is able to narrow down the search results to the user I want. I would love to be able to start typing just the first two characters of a username and have the list update while prioritizing the users relevant to the post

Just typing @:

Kenda_0-1649191211225.png

After typing pa:

Kenda_1-1649191240031.png

How many letters I had to type out before finally getting the result for the user who actually made the post I'm replying to:

Kenda_2-1649191426257.png

After searching something on the Community then scrolling to the bottom of the results, I may want to change the number of results per page with the provided drop down. When I do this, however, the webpage automatically scrolls back to the top of the page. This is inconvenient because then I have to scroll back down to find where I had last stopped so I know where to start skimming results again. It would be great if the additional results could load without moving my webpage around. Thanks!

Non English communities lack of a link to the Gallery.

Aguisande_0-1648170268667.png

Aguisande_1-1648170288270.png

Aguisande_2-1648170312525.png

Aguisande_3-1648170336433.png

Please add the link.

Thanks

Can we do a separate board for discussions and ideas related to Designer Cloud? There are some differences in how this relates to Designer today even including simple things like connecting to data and uploading data to make it accessible by the workflow which would make it confusing for new users if this is combined with Desktop Designer.

0 Likes

Hi there community team,

We've discussed this before but I wanted to re-raise this for consideration.

The Alteryx Community is super important to the alteryx platform and it is a big part of why people love and buy Alteryx.

The question is how we make this more available and convenient for people to use and be a part of.

Part of the solution seems to be offering the mobile experience - the underlying technology for community.alteryx.com (khoros) does have a mobile app - and it seems that by making community available in more places and in more ways it will allow more folk to contribute.

Is this something that we can consider for this year?

thank you

Sean

Top Liked Authors