Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Remember if a user has dismissed the banners within the community

Hello!
Currently there are a couple of banners on the Alteryx Community with information for users:

TheOC_0-1653668328080.png

However, even if i dismiss/click the cross on both of these, they reappear if i navigate to another area of the community. It would be nice to remember that the user has dismissed them, and have them not pop up again. Otherwise, it may be worth removing the 'x', however i would prefer the former.

Thanks,
TheOC

3 Comments
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

@TheOC - this was a bug that has been fixed int he most recent release.  The banner being closed would be remembered on the specific branch of community you were on, but would not speak to other areas of the community in many cases - if the content changes in the banner, it will still reappear (for example if there is a countdown), but please let us know if this still seems to be occurring for you!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @WillM 

Yeah seems to be fixed for me! However, on a similar note - i keep being asked to take the Alteryx Survey, almost every time i visit. I have filled out the survey twice, and this has been since the bug fix for the banners.

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @TheOC - thanks for that - it's unrelated functionality but we'll definitely take a look. We may also be updating our survey implementation as well, so if nothing else it should be temporary