Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Private Gallery LDAP Authentication Option

Currently the Private Gallery product has 2 authentication options - AD and built in. 

If an organization uses AD, this solution is fine, however there are many origanizations who use other standard directory systems. One of the more common directory/authentication systemsis LDAP due to its wide adoption and cross platform compatibility. 

It would be fantastic to have functionality similar to the AD integration, however with LDAP for Gallery authentication and user management. 

Best regards,

Ryan

10 Comments
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

+1

reddy520
7 - Meteor
Same Here , Need LDAP Auth...
MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks all for the idea. We are looking into supporting LDAP and identity providers via SAML. If others are interested in LDAP, please Star this post as it helps us refine our roadmap and adjust priorities.

Cimmel
7 - Meteor

If considering adding additional authentication methodologies, please consider making it possible to change without a server reinstall.  Having to reinstall Alteryx Server and starting from scratch is a non-starter for any enterprise that has any amount of time and effort invested in Server/Gallery environment.  

MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Cimmel, we plan to account for this. Migration between user authentication methods (e.g: local->SAML 2.0) is a fundamental requirement. We understand how painful it would be to migrate larger Alteryx Server environments if you had to reinstall.

Cimmel
7 - Meteor

MattB - that is great news.  When I received the news from Support that a reinstall was necessary I started looking for "Ideas" in the community.  I look forward to when you can share where it is on the roadmap (assuming you can't now as you would have already :) ).  

Thanks again for the update.

Cara

MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

SAML 2.0 is on the roadmap. LDAP is under consideration.

Andrew_Paterson_BCG
7 - Meteor

+1 for Okta/SAML

apichart
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Any status on LDAP authentication?

Thanks

Api

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback and patience. I'm updating this idea to Not Planned as we currently do not have plans LDAP as an authentication method for the Alteryx Server. Should this change we'll update the status of the idea to match accordingly. 

Currently SAML and SSO are available.