The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea

I think the New Posts feed could be improved by filtering the Challenge question answers out of it. They push out people's actual new comments and questions.

The Append Fields tool will issue a Warning if/when the Source data stream has no records that reads something like this:

Append Fields (823) There are no records present in the source.

I can imagine many situations when this issue should be flagged as a Warning. However, I have use cases when both the Source and Target data streams are expected to be empty. Because it is a common, expected scenario, I do not want it flagged as a Warning for the user. 

My Idea: provide another option to suppress warnings for this situation.

Perhaps it could be a standalone checkbox, for example:

[x] Suppress Warning when both source and target streams are empty

Alternatively, the tool currently has 3 options to manage warnings or errors related to "too many" records. Perhaps this could be added as a 4th option to the dropdown list, although that would necessitate changing the label slightly.

Hi all! 

Just had a fun thought over Christmas and didn't find the time to post it. But the general idea is to increase participation in User Groups, and to have more unique flairs to it. 

First

I think being part of a UG is pretty cool - but having badges that are designed to the UG location would add more flair to it and encourage people to explore UGs too. Tableau does this in a pretty cool way, an example is how they design base on location like for Singapore:

image.png

Joining badges helps users to know about UGs and contribute within. Having more activities is fun!

Second

Have UG badges that indicate contributions within as well. For example, being a proactive member by hosting several UGs or events should warrant some form of badge / honor as well. 

I think small pockets can hang out on their own online and have sessions that can help one another. One problem is that UGs are usually dependent on UG Leaders organizing, but if individual users can setup sessions and share their sessions would be good and should be counted too. This helps current UG Leaders find talent and also to plan for succession should a UG Leader wish to step down. 

Third

Having more support from AYX on these programs. I know hosting events and catering is expensive in general. Support from Alteryx in the form of USD 150 per UG setup is already pretty neat. It would be great if we can have more support - some arrangement can be made I'm sure. 

That's all I have for now! Will comment to add more.

I needed to mention Alteryx Support team,

in order to inform them about an issue I came across...

But couldn't find any users called

• @AlteryxSupport or
  • @Ayxsupport or just
  • @Support

we need to mention them in our community post I belive to make sure the issues clients and potential cliens hwho are trying the demo are answered on time etc...

Best

When reading discussion threads on mobile user names don't link to user profiles. Could this be fixed?
  • General Suggestion

Can we do a separate board for discussions and ideas related to Designer Cloud? There are some differences in how this relates to Designer today even including simple things like connecting to data and uploading data to make it accessible by the workflow which would make it confusing for new users if this is combined with Desktop Designer.

Sometimes we end up posting duplicate replies. There is no way to delete it. The only option is to now remove all the contents and post an empty reply.

It happened to me today:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-77-Extending-Spatial-Lines/m-p/71679#M13...

• General Suggestion

I think it would be great to have Grand Prix style event once a quarter for the weekly challenges. This can be broken down by expertise level. I see this increasing the engagement on the community and further spread the word on weekly challenges. Also, not everyone  makes it on stage for Grand Prix, this event could be their opportunity to experience Grand Prix

Hi all,

In working through older posts, it's apparent that many have been orphaned by the author who may no-longer visit the Alteryx community site.

To check this - could we add "last logged in date" to the user's profile card (screenshot below)?   That would make it very easy to see if we should follow up with the user to progress to a solution, or just close the thread.

Cheers

Sean

Capture.PNG

• General Suggestion

I'd really like to see a data release schedule posted right where data download page is.  I have searched for "data release schedule" on Alteryx site, but nothing pop up.  I think it is somewhere as I have seen it before, but it is not easily found.  And I'd like this to be a regular production post so we don't have to look or ask for it every year/quarter/month.  That way, I don't have to keep emailing if there will be any data refresh to fulfillment or client services.  The schedule should be posted right where we are looking for data.  

• General Suggestion

Hi there,

It would be helpful on the discussion boards to be able to filter in 2 specific ways:

- Filter for unsolved questions (so that folk can focus on helping people who are still looking for an answer without having to trawl through all the answered ones)

- Filter for only threads that have updates  (similar to an inbox - I only want to see new items so that every day I can keep up with the traffic without having to remember if I've read a particular post or not)

I apologise if these capabilities exist already - if they do exist, then perhaps I'll alter this suggestion to read "help to make these features easier to locate".

Many thanks

Sean

• General Suggestion

Given the certification exams are accessed through the community, I would like the option to have 2 step authentication on my profile by registered email address/phone SMS. Is it possible to add this as a feature within the profile settings so that those who would like to add more security to their profile are able to do so?

I am proficient in SQL and new to Alteryx; I see the answer to many of problems quite easily through the SQL language but want to know how to translate much of that to Optimal Alteryx workflows and would if there are alternative approach to the same thing in Alteryx I like to be able choose the path that is most compatible with my Alteryx skill set at the time eg take the path using an Alteryx Tool; a Function, RegEx or other.

Examples: 

- How would perform the equivalent of a GROUP BY and HAVING Clause 

SELECT A, Count(*)
FROM TABLE
GROUP BY A
HAVING COUNT(*) > 1

- How would I perform the Teradata SQL equivalent of QUALIFY, RANK, ROWNUM and PARTITION BY

- How would I assign a PRIMARY INDEX upon creation of a table using the Alteryx output without having to create the table myself using SQL on Teradata itself (this is necessary to mitigate unnecessary storage usage resulting from skew)

Which post am I starring below? The lines below the attachment serve to separate out the post above and make the Star and Reply buttons appear to belong to the post below. This isn't clear to me, let alone new users of the site. Can the theme be improved to make this separation clearer.

2015-09-20_19-21-53.jpg

It would be great if we could subscribe to our User Group so that updates are sent via email just like other parts of the community.

• General Suggestion

Visualize Alteryx Ideas

The IDEAS landing page should have a visually appealing dashboard.

Visualization should track each idea over time, it should be filterable with a keyword search based on a Period, an Idea's Title or Tagged Label.

Appealing color code should be able to distinguish individual Idea's Star Rating.

Viz contents/layout can be inspired from the inputs of community users.

Top Ideas should be released as new product features.

dashboard.png

So we have specific divisions on the community;

• Designer

• Server

• Connect

• Promote
Picture1.png

but nothing for Datasets!

Actually Connect and Promote are "additional capabilities" to Server as you can see at the pricing pages; https://www.alteryx.com/products/platform-details/pricing.

So are the datasets so I would suggest a Dataset division on the left hand side...

• This will enable us to ask specific questions about the ever evolving and quarterly updated datasets...
  • Plus we will be (at least me) able to provide new ideas and sources of datasets...
[Old Dog] + [New Tricks]

Here's a gripe.  I'm used to typing "help.alteryx.com" (or a shortened version of it) into my address bar when helping others in the community.  Now you get redirected to a landing page for 3 products and have to choose which Alteryx product you are asking for help with.  I've thought of a few alternatives to this including help.alteryx.com/designer which would bring you to the most recent version of the help page. 

I try to include hyperlinks to help articles when practical.  Hopefully it gives the hope that help can be found in the help documentation (LMGTFY).  To that end, perhaps a button (to help) on community would be useful?

Cheers,

Mark

While this is probably a stretch, I think many of the developers would love to see the option to use Markdown when authoring their posts and/or blogs.

When I've attempted to register for exams, my @gmail.com address is not recognized as valid. It wants a "business" email. But I think that it should definitely accept the email address associated with your community profile and probably just accept anything a user wants, considering that it already also asks for your community profile user ID.

My understanding is that the community email part is already under consideration. Just tossing out an expansion on that idea.

Top Liked Authors