The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea

I'd love to see an option for  "With ALL of the words" in Advanced Search as well as "With one or more of the words".

0 Likes

It would be great if there were a way to see the all the product ideas I've starred. Right now, if I want to review those ideas I'm going to need to scroll through all of them looking for gold stars. Perhaps some kind of activity log in the user profile could provide us with this information?

0 Likes

When I surf around the community, a quick survey pops up

It does so simultaneously in multiple open pages and even though you complete one the others start popping again...

And I receive the survey nearly everytime I log on... It gets a little annoying...

Best

0 Likes

It may be nice to be able have quicker access to social media for shareing questions, solutions, challenges...

On facebook, twitter with shortcut links to community, instagram with workflow and tool pictures etc...

By the way;

Have you voted in the @kdnuggets Analytics poll? Support @alteryx only tool both in gartner's BI and Analytics MQ ow.ly/OgQk300eTvE

0 Likes

I'd like to have the "Mark All as Read" option in the Knowledge Base like it is in other sections. Not that I could ever read them all, but this is my system for identifying new posts.

I wonder if it would be helpful to show/discuss the legal and/or compliance benefits related to alteryx. 

It would be great if we could subscribe to our User Group so that updates are sent via email just like other parts of the community.

Visualize Alteryx Ideas

The IDEAS landing page should have a visually appealing dashboard.

Visualization should track each idea over time, it should be filterable with a keyword search based on a Period, an Idea's Title or Tagged Label.

Appealing color code should be able to distinguish individual Idea's Star Rating.

Viz contents/layout can be inspired from the inputs of community users.

Top Ideas should be released as new product features.

dashboard.png

It would be great to have a forum for users/partners to submit their solutions to each of the weekly challenges (moreso the advanced ones). 

Would be a good way to see how others have approached problems, and create a bit of competition as to who can get the 'slickest' answer!

When me or my clients try to compare alteryx to other vendors,

we all end up seeing graphs like the one below. These are showing how very few tags alteryx has on stackoverflow...

Clients often consider how it's easy to find answers to common analytics or software related questions. Alteryx seems to have a lag in there.

I wish, me and all of Alteryx community friends could be able to link their Alteryx accounts to the stackoverflow accounts and once we write down a question it's going to be automatically posted on stackoverflow and when an answer is received it'll update us as well...

I sincerely believe that this will greately increse the word of mouth effect on Alteryx products.

Picture1.png

http://blog.dominodatalab.com/open-source-winning-against-proprietary-data-science-vendors/

Kaggle competitions are widely known in academia but not so much in the industry, at least in MENA region...

Mostly college grads, ML practicioners and analytics consultants are attending who frequently code... Instead Community can provide

1. kaggle tutorials completed on Altery,students and new users can get a grasp of advanced analytics easily...
  2. solutions to old and recent challenges to be solved solely on Alteryx workflows...

To name a few tutorials;

Some recent interesting competitions are;

It may even be a nicer idea if someone publishes a top %1 solution in competitions using Alteryx,

discounts to inspire events or personal licenses may be provided or automatically becoming an ACE for 6 months/a year etc.

Picture1.png

It would be useful to be able to copy and paste images directly into the discussion forums. In heavily locked down IT environments, such as at my current client site, it's not possible to use the insert/edit image button. The only way I can load an image to a discussion is to copy into a word doc and attach it.

The Tableau forums allow a simple copy/paste of an image into their forums, implementing that same functionality into the Alteryx forum would be a big help. Even for users who are able to load images it would save them time, instead of having to save an image then upload, ctrl-c ctrl-v is much quicker.

Would love to be able to get a history of events on the community for analysis.

While possible using web shredding would be nice to have 'official' data source :)

0 Likes

I was speaking to a new customer this week and they really like the Community but they wondered if it would be possible to include an area in the Discussion Section for topics that are more centric to areas of interest and industry specific questions.  The example I was given was around survey data.

The customer mentioned that the Tableau Forum has something similar and that they felt this was missing from ours.

I'm not aware that this area already exists in the Community but it seems a good idea to me as all the sections at the moment are very product centric.

Thanks

I love using "Reply" in email notifications but I've noticed that the reply in community has breaks, e.g. 

http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/Chained-App-Passing-parameters/m-p/9945/hi...

Is this a feature, a bug or something I'm doing? If it could be fixed that would be great as it detracts from my reply.

Looking through the Top Ideas I was struck by how many are already in the product and marked as "Now Available" - this is fantastic but it does make navigating this view difficult. Could we remove them and move them into a "Now Available" view so we can see what great work the Product Team and Devs are doing at listening to the community?

Chris

Could we add a DATA category so we can share links to different (open source) datasets? For example, it took me a while to find a RELIABLE source for past US election data and other Alteryx users may benefit from it.

2012 federal election results:

http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2012/federalelections2012.shtml

or past elections:

http://www.fec.gov/general/library.shtml

or shapefiles containing county polygons with results for 2012/2008:

http://catalog.data.gov/dataset?metadata_type=geospatial&_metadata_type_limit=0&q=Elections

0 Likes

I was posting a question today about sorting, but didn't see a label for sort, sorting, or a question label. Not sure what the qualifications are for making the label list, but I suggest that "Question" and "Sort" be added.

Which post am I starring below? The lines below the attachment serve to separate out the post above and make the Star and Reply buttons appear to belong to the post below. This isn't clear to me, let alone new users of the site. Can the theme be improved to make this separation clearer.

2015-09-20_19-21-53.jpg

It would be great if we could attached multiple files in a single post/reply. Thank you!

Top Liked Authors