The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea

if I post a useful article in the community I'd like the ability to mark it as such, rather than as a question. At the moment I get emails prompting me to accept a solution - when there isn't a solution required. Marking a topic as "information only" or similar would solve this.

Hi, 

It could be a nice feature to have a Projects Area, where we can share resources, get feedback in Community Projects. A use case for this could be:

- We (as a Community) agreed to start building an Oauth Macro, beacuse some thought it would be useful. So we can have the "Oauth Macro Project" area to share resources while working on it.

Any thoughts? 

Maybe I missed (if so, please tell me where is it), but a "Remember Me" or "Stay Connected" option would be great, so our sessions doesn't end (I keep this webpage opened almost all day).

0 Likes

there should be an option to display a newsfeed that can be customized by the user. Notifications could be color-coded to correspond with its "parent" category (e.g., Discussions, Knowledge, Ideas, Blogs, etc.). The feed should be as flexible/customizable as possible (e.g., mute discussion, reply flag, pinning, etc.). It'd also be great if users had the ability to drag-n-drop items they want added to their feed.

I may have missed it, but I can't easily tell if a post that has been starred by others has been starred by me. In my opinion the star should remain hollow until I have starred it, in which case it should go yellow. The text next to the star tells me the total stars the post has recieved, so the extra indicator is currently superfluos.

Chris

In navigating the site, I've slowly become aware of the sidebar boxes and their content.

It was only today that I realized that those boxes contain content that is only relevant in the context of the current area (e.g. discussions, ides, blogs, etc.). For example, in the image below the New Solutions and Top Starred Posts only reflect the content in the Closed Beta Feedback.

Suggestion: I think it would be helpful to signify to the user either by color or by text that the sidebox content is area specific. This would also serve to orient the user as to their current top level content area (discussion, ideas, blogs, etc). 

As is, the only way I know 'where I am' is to look at the top in the COMMUNITY > AREA 51 - TEST & FEEDBACK > CLOSED BETA FEEDBACK text line.

Capture.PNG

It would be really nice to be able to sort Discussion Forum posts by the 4 stats that you give for each -- Unread, Replies, Stars, Views

I bookmarked a Discussion posting but the only way I could see how to find it afterward was to go into my settings or my subscriptions. It would make sense for bookmarks to be a separate section on the main community page, along with Discussion, Ideas, KnowledgeBase, Blogs, etc.

When I recieved a notification of a private message (see screenshot below), the font was Times New Roman.

I guess it could have been worse . . . it could have been the font that dare not speak its name.

I suggest a change to be a more appealing san-serif font.

Thanks!

John

Capture.PNG

Is there a way that I can view all of the forums posts which have 0 replies?  I've used this on another forum to find topics to respond to.

Can we add tags to posts so we do a more advanced post search?
Thanks
Took me forever to figure out what my username was to log into this site. As it turns out, it was my email address.
So instead of asking user for username, maybe ask for email address since that's what it seems to be?

Also, add an 'Other' or 'Site' category to the categories pull down menu on the post idea page.

Finally, Create a mod or AA so we can post/submit ideas remotely. 
Top Liked Authors