The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

I would like to work with percentages in a format similar to Excel, where the number remains a double for input, exports, and formula calculations, yet has an option to show the number as a percentage on reports and rendered outputs. 

In continental Europe, decimals and comma are used differently.  The number 1,345,678.99 would be written in some countries as 1.345.678,99

As a suggested enhancement request, it would be good in the Alteryx user settings to be able to select a country style setting to be applied to numbers throughout the software, such as in a browse, table, report etc. so they are displayed correctly for that user.

Currently saving file output as PowerPoint is possible only doing workaround as in Megan's article (link below) using Render Tool. It might be more intuitive to implement PowerPoint to supported options in "Output Mode" dropdown.

Pawel_Paleczny_0-1661939211930.png

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Reporting-in-Alteryx-Generating-a-PowerPoint-With-a-Gr...

Cheers,

Pawel

It would be nice to tie the labels to the spatial objects being labeled.

CallOut.PNG

Hey @A11yKyle and Alteryx Accessibility Team! It would be great if we could add alt text (dynamic based on input data would be even better!) and set the tab order of rendered PDFs so we could create reporting outputs that are digitally accessible.

We are working with an industry leading RPA platform, and they have a very helpful feature built in where the platform keeps track of the ROI from usage of the product.

It feels like this is a very useful capability to have within Alteryx - we can base this on some simple assumptions, and if we make this part of the heads-up monitoring capability for the platform we can then avoid (or answer) all those questions about justifying the cost of the Alteryx licensing.

Hi All,

It would be so helpful in the table tool in Alteryx if we have feature like rotating table headers from horizontal to Vertical(-90 degree). It helps in formatting like it consumes less space when we have lengthy headers while putting multiple charts in a single slide of PPT.

Thanks in Advance!!

It would be great to be able to output a report to Adobe Illustrator (.ai).  This would allow us to refine the presentation, or hand it off to a graphics department to do that for us.  It would especially be great for the map reporting tool, as many GIS people finish maps in AI to give a more polished result.  This would allow Alteryx to compete better with Esri as far as map creation.

I can only really speak to map creation, but please comment if you have another use case.

I understand that the font types available for Interactive Charts is limited to 3 fonts. For tables and other parts of reporting there are more options. This makes it difficult to create a consistent report layout including e..g. one font type. I guess it is not to difficult to add all fonts available in reporting to the interactive chart tool?

The #bandofsolvers community has come up with many creative ways to determine if an 'output' action is complete before proceeding with next steps. However, what we really need is an optional output anchor added to (all?) tools in this class.

For example, currently if we need to Output Data to the same file 3 times, we have to put logic in place to make sure that the 3 updates happen in the correct sequence and do not interfere with each other. Or if we need to Render a file and perform additional modifications or file actions on that new file (e.g. ACL using icacls), we have to put checks in place to wait for the render to complete and make sure the file is freed by the write step.

However, if we could have at minimum an optional output anchor pass a Boolean flag indicating the 'output' class tool is complete, that would help tremendously! Even more helpful would be a xml/json object containing the tool configuration. Additionally, data/metadata 'pass-through' could be helpful in some situations as well.

I understand that this simple request could be significant change to the structure of the program, but throwing it out there for the 'Idea' space! 🙂

I would love to see the option to publish the description information from an alteryx workflow into Tableau tde files as the default comment field

Hi Alteryx Community and Developers!

Since the autodetect smtp was removed from Alteryx Designer, it's much more harder to send e-mails within the company (too many different e-mail addresses).

In place of autodetect, what do you think about to take the SMTP from field (like cc, bcc, subject, etc.)?

Please keep me posted about it 🙂

Thanks and all the best for the Community!

Kucsi

Note from one of our customers:

All our pharmacy images are mainly tiff format only.   Since we don’t have the options TIFF to PNG or JPG converter in the BLOB converter tool  in Alteryx.

We are not able convert and display the image from alteryx to PDF or Report display tool in Alteryx.

As our images are critical components of our Reporting options .  This impact us to  use this tool for the below use cases and we are not able move forward on this activity with Alteryx Tool.

Alteryx's spatial tools are really powerful and offer a lot of value for analysis.  However, when rendering a map for output, there is currently no way to place an image inside of a polygon.  This feature would be very useful for customized layers on maps and other spatial-based processes.

My rough suggestion would be to scale a selected image to the size of the polygon's bounding rectangle, and then trim the edges of the image to fit inside the polygon itself.

Once you get the hang of it, Alteryx is great at producing reports. Unfortunately, each item has its own XML parameters, like font size, colors, table defaults, etc. As it stands now, if I want to make a change across the course of a complex, multi-page report, I have to update the settings in each table and chart.

I'd love it if I could have a 'Styles' module that I could set, then copy and paste and insert after each table. From that point, I suppose you could make parameters out of style options and build them into a bigger module. For now, though, some kind of reusable style would be invaluable.

In Table tool column headings using the table and render tools should offer ability to wrap and justify (horizontal and vertical).  right now you can justify a column and the heading may or may not stack (wrap) based on table size and the width configuration in the table tool.  I wish you could give a it more control like we have in Excel, for example left justified and wrap for a column heading with blanks separating words results in auto stacking the words based on column width, auto or manual width control.

Reporting automation capability is absolutely a great feature that puts Alteryx far ahead its competitors.

Unfortunately, Alteryx reporting tools start to become old fashioned in terms of : 

• look & feel
  • charts library
  • charts configuration

It would be great if Alteryx could redesigned its reporting tools in order to allow the generation of smashing, flashy, modern visualizations mixing nice charts and maps.

Many thanks !

For charts with a secondary Y axis, it would be helpful to be able to apply dollar signs to one Y axis and percentage signs to the other Y axis. 

While the axis labels can say "These are dollars" and "These are percentages", the chart would be quicker to grasp if the units themselves were labeled.

Figuring out who is using custom macros and/or governing the macroverse is not an easy task currently.  

I have started shipping Alteryx logs to Splunk to see what could be learned.  One thing that I would love to be able to do is understand which workflows are using a particular macro, or any custom macros for that matter.  As it stands right now, I do not believe there is a simple way to do this by parsing the log entries.  If, instead of just saying 'Tool Id 420', it said 'Tool Id 420 [Macro Name]' that would be very helpful.  And it would be even *better* if the logging could flag out of the box macros vs custom macros.  You could have a system level setting to include/exclude macro names.  

Thanks for listening.

brian 

Hi,

I've been working on reporting for a while now and figure out that creatitng sub total wasn't part of any tool. 

Any chance this could be implemented in next versions or any macro available?

Thanks

Simon

Top Liked Authors