Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Image Recognition Tools

Hello,

After used the new "Image Recognition Tool" a few days, I think you could improve it : 

> by adding the dimensional constraints in front of each of the pre-trained models,

> by adding a true tool to divide the training data correctly (in order to have an equivalent number of images for each of the labels)

> at least, allow the tool to use black & white images (I wanted to test it on the MNIST, but the tool tells me that it necessarily needs RGB images) ?

Question : do you in the future allow the user to choose between CPU or GPU usage ?

In any case, thank you again for this new tool, it is certainly perfectible, but very simple to use, and I sincerely think that it will allow a greater number of people to understand the many use cases made possible thanks to image recognition.

Thank you again

Kévin VANCAPPEL (France ;-))

Thank you again.

Kévin VANCAPPEL

5 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @Kevin_VANCAPPEL great feedback! These are relatively new tools, so the team appreciates knowing how customers are using them.

veeliang
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Kevin_VANCAPPEL, thank you for the feedback. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by adding the dimensional constraints? For example, is this in reference to the minimum image sizes or something else? Can you explain further on the request to add a tool to divide the training data?

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Researching! Thanks for posting.

coforge
5 - Atom

i am trying to connect power bi Symantec data set from power bi services. using Alteryx tools as input power bi data set. or other solotion

aatalai
12 - Quasar

It would be great if the tool could detect if there is a signature too. Not that it matches but that there simply is one