Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Vérifiez

Nos directives et définition des status avant de commencer

2 Recherchez

La communauté pour une solution ou une idée existante avant la publication

3 Votez

En clickant l'étoile dans le coin supérieur gauche d'une idée que vous soutenez

4 Soumettez

Une nouvelle idée pour suggérer une nouvelle fonctionnalité ou amélioration à la communauté

Suggérer une idée

First of all, I want to say that I am very much enjoying the Academy Interactive Lessons. I would like to request that, upon completion of a lesson, the icons for the tools used in the lesson be added to the tile for quick visual reference. It seems simple in the example below, but would be helpful in the later lessons that use 2+ tools to execute actions.

Example.PNG

I think the New Posts feed could be improved by filtering the Challenge question answers out of it. They push out people's actual new comments and questions.

I needed to mention Alteryx Support team,

in order to inform them about an issue I came across...

But couldn't find any users called

• @AlteryxSupport or
  • @Ayxsupport or just
  • @Support

we need to mention them in our community post I belive to make sure the issues clients and potential cliens hwho are trying the demo are answered on time etc...

Best

I'd like to suggest adding a feature to automatically @ tag/mention the person you are replying to. I've seen sometimes users (especially those new to Community) forget to @ the person they are replying to, assuming by clicking reply the other person will get a Notification, but that's not the case. I think this feature will make a difference so people don't have to turn on "Email me when someone replies" or subscribe to the post to get notified of every single reply.

What if the Alteryx Community held monthly tournaments where users compete to finish a number of challenges as quickly, accurately, and elegantly as possible.

The solutions could be evaluated by a panel of judges and badges and/or prizes given.

Hi @WillM and Community-Team,

today I went to the ideas section and wanted to look if someone already posted tool improvements for the 'Test'-Tool. Therefore I used the Search and tried to narrow the results like this:

grossal_0-1625766279934.png

While the first look is promising, most of the posts do not talk about the Test-Tool itself, but other tools/improvements.

Would it be possible to add another label "Tools" to actually select the exact tool(s) that we are referencing in the posts? This would also be an amazing feature for developers / product managers to see which tools get the most ideas, summed up likes, etc.

I'd be willing to help categorize all 3000-4000 ideas that we currently have in the Designer Ideas section to get all old ideas categorized appropriately*. For all new posts, the community manager that checks / comments the idea, should check if the users added this himself or if not, add it. If this is too much work, I'd also be willing to help categorize new ideas on a weekly basis. 

*Other ACEs might as well help categorize, but if not, I don't mind spending a weekend to get this right.

Note: It has too be a label, that allows to select 0-n tools, because not all posts talk about tool improvements, but others talk about multiple. Because of the zero possibility, this has to be a non-mandatory field.

Best

Alex

Sometimes we end up posting duplicate replies. There is no way to delete it. The only option is to now remove all the contents and post an empty reply.

It happened to me today:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-77-Extending-Spatial-Lines/m-p/71679#M13...

Nice podcast on Accessibility! I recently passed my Core Certification and I am a frequent user of the interactive videos which are great, so thank you. I love that there are transcripts on these, as I learn best by reading.

Have you considered making the playback speed adjustable on these resources? On audiobooks I usually slow it down to .75 or .8 speed and it's a big help, especially when I don't want to miss an important word or concept. I believe Netflix is also adding speed adjustment options. I know that there are people with auditory processing disorders that could probably benefit from a feature like that as well.  

Thanks!

StellaBon

Can we have a dedicated section on the community for just Tips and Tricks where people can post tips and tricks that they would have discovered ? This could be a short video or a screenshot with some description.

I'd really like to see a data release schedule posted right where data download page is.  I have searched for "data release schedule" on Alteryx site, but nothing pop up.  I think it is somewhere as I have seen it before, but it is not easily found.  And I'd like this to be a regular production post so we don't have to look or ask for it every year/quarter/month.  That way, I don't have to keep emailing if there will be any data refresh to fulfillment or client services.  The schedule should be posted right where we are looking for data.  

Pinned discussions appear at the top of the Discussions page.  The current 3 pinned posts haven't had a reply in 2,3,15 months.  Would it be possible to move pinned posts to the right side of the screen, along with Top Solution Authors and Top Starred Posts?  This would provide more space at the top of the page for active discussions.

Visualize Alteryx Ideas

The IDEAS landing page should have a visually appealing dashboard.

Visualization should track each idea over time, it should be filterable with a keyword search based on a Period, an Idea's Title or Tagged Label.

Appealing color code should be able to distinguish individual Idea's Star Rating.

Viz contents/layout can be inspired from the inputs of community users.

Top Ideas should be released as new product features.

dashboard.png

So we have specific divisions on the community;

• Designer

• Server

• Connect

• Promote
Picture1.png

but nothing for Datasets!

Actually Connect and Promote are "additional capabilities" to Server as you can see at the pricing pages; https://www.alteryx.com/products/platform-details/pricing.

So are the datasets so I would suggest a Dataset division on the left hand side...

• This will enable us to ask specific questions about the ever evolving and quarterly updated datasets...
  • Plus we will be (at least me) able to provide new ideas and sources of datasets...
Can we add tags to posts so we do a more advanced post search?
Thanks

I would like to be able to search the Alteryx Gallery by user, and have the gallery items available for view on a community users profile page.

This will allow community members to be able showcase not only their community engagement, but also their Gallery catalogue in the one place.

Hey wanted to see what people's interest would be for a certification around the intelligence suite?

Hi all!

This idea stems from my team's need to have Alteryx materials on hand. We have a repository internally built to store all Alteryx related presentations and materials, but it would be great to have it available to Community members if it comes directly from Alteryx.

For example:

1. Presentation slide templates with high production value curated by Alteryx can be shared to Alteryx teams to showcase results, workflows, value engineering, and so much more! It should also cover common topics like how Alteryx and IT Security go along, the requirements to run Alteryx, what is needed to use Alteryx etc. This helps teams get passed the hurdle of actually introducing Alteryx to their companies too. 
  2. It will also be good to have slides or PDFs that explain roadmaps, best practices, and a sample doc which all teams can use as a base for their governance or just for references. 
  3. Alteryx image assets (as long as it used strictly for Alteryx purposes / demo and not outside commercial purposes) will be great too! Adds flair to what we do in our documentation. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/alteryx-tool-icons-to-download... This discussion is pertinent! 

Screenshot 2023-07-04 085658.png

Thanks!

I am M&A Analytics Leader, managing a team of analytics professionals in India.

I am always interested in hiring the best analytics professionals, with skill set in Alteryx and M&A.

I think if Alteryx starts a Job Board, where prospective hiring managers can post relevant jobs, this will be really appreciated by our community.

LinkedIn saw big engagement spike once they integrated Job Board into their website. I think Alteryx community can also take benefit in a similar way.

As of now, we do have job board in SparkED section. But I am asking for a separate section altogether - something on the face of the community - just like LinkedIn.

Thanks,

Hammad

Hello,

A little recognition for the users who have the most contributed to implemented ideas. We can imagine a badge for 1, 5,.... 1000 ideas implemented on the model of likes/ solved, etc.

simonaubert_bd_0-1677090383747.png

Best regards,

Simon

0 Compliments

Hey everyone,

When we have an event coming up, you can confirm your attendance, which is very useful in my opinion. The issue with the "no" and "maybe" buttons is that I don't see the point in having them.

marcusblackhill_0-1657228053711.png

To be honest, I believe that using these options can leave a negative impression on others. The ideal, in my opinion, is to keep only the "Yes" button.