Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Community Hygiene Monitoring

Hello Community !

The idea for this post is to release functionality within the Alteryx community to reinforce the importance of marking posts as resolved once an answer has been provided. Some of the most active community members provide responses to posts numerous times a day, with no succinct ability to identify which responses were accepted as solutions, which in turn leads to many posts with received responses (many with correct responses) but those may not be marked as solutions.

I'd propose creating functionality within the "my recent activity" to filter by solutions where a user has provided a response, but the overall thread has no responses marked as resolved. This would allow community members who are assisting others, to ensure their questions have been answered by giving the ability to easily follow up if needed. By doing this, the idea would be to nudge the community to mark additional responses as resolved to improve the future finding solutions in the future.

gautiergodard_0-1667223752001.png

As a second recommendation perhaps push notification reminders could also be sent to members of the community posing the questions. If a post has received responses but none have been marked as a solution, perhaps a push notification could be sent to the user prompting them to review the responses. From there, an answer could be marked as accepted, or the submitter of the question could flag that they have not yet received an answer that matches their question. Here I am thinking of functionality similar to facebook marketplace where a seller receives a message like the below after a period of time:

gautiergodard_1-1667223780921.png

4 Comments
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

+1 to pro actively nudging the OP to give credit where it is due. I don’t like the seeking out solutions “if you found this post answered your questions the please mark it as accepted”. It should be the responsibility of the poster to mark solutions as accepted.

JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hello Gautier,

Thank you for your idea. We are going to begin looking into how we could bring reminders to mark a solution onto the Alteryx Community. 

marsha
5 - Atom

Great idea about the push notifications!

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Totally agreed, it is not hard to find thread with many responses, but no one marked as solution, making harder to know if any of them was useful to fix the issue. To be honest, I'm not sure what could be an effective solution for it, but the push notifications for sure would help.