Maveryx Community Resources

Get up-and-running on the Community and with Alteryx in record time.

Getting Started on Community

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Welcome to the Maveryx Community!

At Alteryx, we’re passionate about empowering people to deliver deeper insights quickly with intuitive workflows. We created this space as a peer-to-peer support channel for those people to come together, to gain valuable insights from one another, to collaborate, and to innovate around Alteryx products.

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we put together this guide to help you get familiarized quickly with the Alteryx Community. We hope you find it useful! 

New Member Checklist

Are you brand new to the Community? Here are some important things to do: 

Getting Started

Are you new to Alteryx? Follow these steps to begin your Alteryx journey.

• Introduce Yourself: Get to know the people behind the avatars! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections and extend your network.        
  • Launch Pad: Learn enough about each of our Alteryx products to get started solving with our onboarding program!
  • Community Resources: Get up and running on the Community in record time. Need help with something? Look here first.

Participate in the Community

Ready to jump right into the action? The Participate area is the place to go.

Learn with the Community

The Learn section of the Community is where you’ll go to expand your knowledge in a multitude of ways. Jump into Academy for training and practical knowledge, join learners and educators in SparkED, read our blogs to expand your horizons, and listen to our podcasts to hear from some of the brightest minds in the field.

• Alteryx Academy – Dive deeper into solving problems with Alteryx, explore new frontiers in your analytics journey, and push yourself to prove and improve your skills in our Certification Program.
    • Learning Paths: Keep up the pace of your learning with our guided curriculum.  This is the first place to start your Alteryx knowledge journey.
    • Interactive Lessons: Dive into new analytics techniques with lessons that incorporate videos, hands-on activities, and quizzes to assess your knowledge.
    • Videos: Get your skills in gear with hours upon hours of videos on topics from beginner to advanced.
    • Weekly Challenge: Solve the challenge, share your solution, and summit the ranks of the Alteryx Community!
    • Certification: Prove your skills and become Alteryx Certified.
  • SparkED | Education SparkED is the free Alteryx education program providing software licenses, teaching tools, and learning resources to empower all learners to question, understand and solve with data.
    • Overview: Register for free Alteryx Designer education licenses, access the learning program, and more.
    • Educators: Access your teaching materials and get connected with other educators.
    • Students: Discover learning and certification options for traditionally enrolled students.
    • Career Changers: Explore learning and certification options for individual, independent learners.
    • Job Board: Post data analytics internship and job opportunities, or share your job-seeking profile.
  • Blogs – Find insights and ideas from the brightest minds in analytics, keep up with Community news, and soak in the knowledge.
    • Analytics: Follow our news, events, thought leadership and more.
    • Engine Works: Get under the hood of Alteryx with tips, tricks and how-tos.
    • Alter.Nation: Check out the Community’s news, customer stories, and beyond.
    • Data Science: Dive into machine learning and data science for beginners and experts alike.
  • Podcasts – Need to level up your knowledge without a long read? Tune in to cover analytics culture, data science, and absolutely everything in between.
  • Success Stories showcase how Alteryx customers are transforming their businesses through data analytics. 

Find Support

Stuck on what you need? Check out our Support pages for all the information you could want. If you don’t find it there, you can always submit a ticket.

Groups and Events

Groups and Events are your gateway to user-driven groups and Community events. Go here to build connections and get involved!

• User Groups – Alteryx User Groups are independent volunteer organizations created, organized, and run by users who get together locally and virtually throughout the year. Meet and network with peers to share ideas, experiences and best practices. Find a group in the Americas; in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; or in the Asia-Pacific region. We’ve also got User Group Resources to enhance groups’ efforts.
  • Inspire Buzz – The go-to Community resource for Alteryx Inspire conference attendees. Ask questions, connect with peers, and share your expertise!
  • Women of Analytics – Come together to celebrate Women of Analytics across the globe! Use this area to network, learn, motivate, unite, and act to drive change.
  • Alteryx for Good - Learn how you can partner with Alteryx for Good to bring our initiatives to your company or community.

Gallery

The Gallery is the place to find Alteryx tools, apps, macros and workflows. Whether they’ve been created by Alteryx or Alteryx partners, or by Community members like yourself, you’re sure to find something useful that will save you and your team time and money.

Other Alteryx Resources

• Alteryx.com – Visit our corporate website to learn more about our great company and our mission to empower everyone to turn their data into breakthroughs. 
  • Product Documentation – The Alteryx Help Center is a thorough online user manual and a vital technical resource to explore how our products work.
  • Alteryx Use Case Navigator – Find out how others have used Alteryx products to go from data to discoveries in minutes.
  • Alteryx Swag Store - The Alteryx swag store is your one-stop shop for official Alteryx goods and apparel. Show your Alter.Nation pride by rocking the freshest Alteryx gear.

We look forward to seeing you around the Community!

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Treasure Chest.gif

@LeahK,

This post has a treasure chest full of great suggestions.  It would be a good place to hide an Easter Egg!  Many folks look forward to Monday's so that they can attempt the weekly challenge when it is fresh off of the presses.  While some users only come to the Community when they have a question to be answered, I like to see what I can learn on a daily basis.  I've been using Alteryx for 13 years and find new things on a regular basis.  It is interesting to read and to listen to users around the world interact here in the community.  New User questions are very important to the community.  It is the first step towards engagement and it helps those less brave when they find comfort from seeing a question answered before they ask it.  Your question will likely help many that follow you.  One last tip that I might add to your welcome is to share the Love and give away LIKES.  

Cheers,

Mark

Spoiler
If you are looking for an Easter Egg spoiler here, while I congratulate your investigation skills I believe that you haven't listened thoroughly yet. 

ammaressa
5 - Atom

Glad to be a part of Alteryx Community

Prity
6 - Meteoroid

Is it possible through Alteryx to Delete information from several excel file , clean them and also populate new information to special section in the files .

destige
5 - Atom

New user here and very excited!

EngAli
5 - Atom
hello I faced a problem with AB Analysis Tool Error: AB Analysis (9): Tool #406: Test of Means: The R version "3.4.4" is not installed on this system. Error: AB Analysis (9): Tool #650: Tool #21: The R version "3.4.4" is not installed on this system. Please help me on that ASAP
Pratik_61294
5 - Atom

HI guys,

Great to be here!

I appeared for the alteryx core certification exam and unfortunately did not clear it.On receiving performance report I ended up scoring low in Input , Output and practical application sections, rest all were par score.

It would be a great help if any one can suggest resources for the above mentioned topics.

Thanks, 

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Pratik_61294

Everything within the Core exam can be found between the tool examples within Alteryx, as well as the Help Doc pages.
If Input has been an area of improvement, I would also recommend checking out the Tool Mastery here on the Community.

Dont be discouraged! Its not uncommon to not pass the first attempt exam, It took me 3 attempts to finally pass (CrossTab and Transpose are still foreign to me)

I hope this helps!

TrevorS

Franklinv
5 - Atom

Greetings,

I'm a new user and very excited to be a part of this great community. 

Kind Regards,

Franklin

nur216
5 - Atom

Hello People!

I reside in Toronto and hail from a marketing comms background. I am looking forward to upskill to help me break through the top corporations as a marketing and data analyst. 

Do look me up on LinkedIn on https://www.linkedin.com/in/nurulhabib/

Happy Learning!

akatti
5 - Atom

Wow! Overwhelmed by the huge number of resources available. Just did a quick scan for now. Will need to come back later and dive deeper.

AEI_TheBrain
5 - Atom

This help new beginners better understand all of theirs success pathways resources. this was a great read. 

davidcromwell
5 - Atom

I am David Cromwell, a student of Petroleum engineering, glad to be able to learn data analytics from the ADAPT program

japhar1
5 - Atom

It's great to be here. hope to learn as much as I can.

regards

KarimJr
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm Karim and it's my first day here. I'm new to the industry but very excited to begin the Adapt program. This information was extremely useful and very well presented. Looking forward to this amazing new journey.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello, Team.

First, I would like to appreciate the team for providing all basic knowledge about Alteryx tool. I learned a lot and would like to practice Alteryx to gain practical knowledge of it. My trial version has been completed and would like to request to prolong it for the next possible days. Please help me. I will be waiting for a positive suggestion.

Thank you.

alt_marsan
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the comprehensive Getting Started in the Community Guide!

Valerie_Tran
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I am an Accounting student at CSU Fullerton, and I currently work full-time as an Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Accountant for an Adult Day Care company. I am learning how to use Alteryx, and I want to apply this skill to my daily job. Is anyone here using Alteryx at work? if so, I would appreciate it if you can show me how can I apply this to my current position. 

Thank you.

zafisa
5 - Atom

Hello,

We just started learning Alteryx for class and I’m so excited to learn more and reap all the benefits that will come with it after becoming proficient with the program. I’ve started doing some interactive learning because it was required for class but I’ve also started doing the Getting Started Learning Path and have been enjoying it so far. I’ll definitely have this post bookmarked so that I can refer to this when I need it to continue my learning journey.

Thanks!

PabloNevado
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 
I've just signed in to the Community and making most of my time learning the capabilities and features Alteryx has to offer. This is a great tool to upskill and get workflows done with a relatively easy work. The Community seems to be an excellent go-to site to get when stuck on something. 

sireeshagandam
8 - Asteroid

good

KhadijaD
5 - Atom

Hi, 
I am a new user. I just signed up for Alteryx and feel excited to learn more about its Community and what Alteryx will offer.