Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

0 Likes

I tend to use a lot of the 'Names' for the connections. 
If you're not familiar with this option, or the above makes little sense, when you select a connector (line) on the canvas, within the configuration window, you can enter a 'Name' (or just some text) in the box, that will then appear on the canvas. 

I'd like this option to be expanded on. 

Rather than just putting in some text, I'd like the ability to have the text centred on the line between the tools. Maybe have the text a different colour. One definite option I'd like is for 'Wrap-Text'.

I tend to use this option to make notes on my workflow, as I find that it looks better than a comment box or tool annotation. It's useful if your workflow has multiple streams and you want to note what one stream does. 

As an example of how I use it: 

Rags1982_0-1638458263569.png

To be able to have this 'Wrapped' would make it so much neater. 

Only a 'small' change I guess(?)

0 Likes

Alteryx to develop for the people who are Disable under American with Disability Act.

0 Likes

I am a citizen developer utilising Microsoft Power Apps and would like to see a Dataverse connector.

0 Likes

Hi,

My boss and I uses a MB Rules Tool.
He is in trouble because the settings are not what he wants.
It seems that many combinations will come out.

Control Parameters
The allowable minimum number of items in a rule or itemset.

I would like you to inprove or add this parameter to "Maximize".
Modeler seems to be able to set the maximum.

0 Likes

This error may be encountered and replicated when you are using an image in the reporting "Header" tool where the path contains an "&". Yes this is rare, but possible and sometimes you want to keep the path, but can't update the path name. If you select the image in a path with an "&", then you'll get an error similar to the following:

Error: Report Header (36): The Action "Update Image Tool" has an error: ParseError: Unterminated entity reference, 'D' at line 2 and column 19
while processing "Action_UpdateRawXml"

A discussion began in 2016 on this topic:
Solved: Insert Image in Report Header: ParseError: Untermi... - Alteryx Community

0 Likes

In working with a user who was having issues with workflows hanging, I found that the ‘Select Records’ tool seems to requires an inordinate amount of CPU Utilization.  To fix this, I rewrote the ‘Select Records’ macro to avoid using the ‘Dynamic Replace’ Tool.  What I found is that this not only significantly lowered CPU usage, but also runtime.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can we please make the TS Model Factory customisable to both ARIMA and ETS? I understand that currently it is using auto.arima for R, it would be nice to add the option to customise p,q,P and Q.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi Team,

I have searched through the ideas board but couldn't find one relating to my current request so here's hoping that this can be implemented in future releases.

I have been playing around with Knime and find one feature very useful that you could build in.  Knime use the concept of a metanode, where you can collapse a bunch of tools (nodes in Knimespeak) into one single node and I believe that this can be a very useful feature.  For example, in some of my workflows, where I text mine using regex, (depending on the circumstance), I will have a bunch of regex tools to parse one string (see screen grab below).  In such instances, it would be great if all the regex tools can be collapsed into one meta-tool.

Capture2.PNG

0 Likes

When the Business Match (US) tool is used with a valid US Business Insights license, it yields low matched results of roughly 30 to 40%. Currently, it only matches on business name and address. It will be beneficial to also provide an ability to match with the business telephone number to provide better results. I understand that there are license restrictions in doing so, but the firmographic data is not very useful unless there is a good yield in matched results for DNB data.

0 Likes

The language options have been so helpful for our Global team; is a Korean language option under consideration for Designer & the online training courses? 

0 Likes

I have a workflow that outputs to several files at once. If one of those files is open, an error is returned (of course).

It would be really great if Alteryx could still save any failed files down into a different folder or with a different name such as V2. 

0 Likes

Hello Alteryx Comunity! Recently, i was working on a project to generate a database with information such as size, last access date and fullpath of a disk. I noticed that the alteryx component "directory" brings almost all that i need, but it doesn't bring the "size on disk" property. When a file is compressed, it becomes hard to know what is its actual size on disk. My idea for you is to bring one more collumn in the directory tool, which is the "size on disk" field. Thanks for the great work you did by creating the alteryx, it helps a lot in the job.

0 Likes

The top screenshot shows the DateTime tool and the incoming string formats. It does not show examples. Please shows examples like the bottom screenshot. Thank you.

seven_0-1629769338813.png

seven_1-1629769359639.png

0 Likes

I have found that upgrading the Designer automatically overwrites the Alteryx service logon credentials.  Would be nice if you didn't have to remember to reset the service credentials every time you upgrade.

0 Likes

If you've ever had a massive workflow with many ins, outs, and tons of tools in-between, then you may have wanted to run just portions of the workflow for testing/development/troubleshooting. I know I have. I have a workflow that normally takes many hours to run in Designer due to the massive data volume. I was only interested in tracing a bug in one specific output and found myself deleting tools here and then, piecemeal, until I could be certain that only unrelated branches and tools were gone. I then ran the workflow and found the issue in less time. What I would have liked to have done is to right-click on the output tool and select from the context menu an option to "Disable unrelated" or even "Delete unrelated". I want to delete any tool that does not directly feed data into that output through any and all branches including Joins, Unions, etc. The same options should apply to right-clicking on any tool. Thank you.

0 Likes

The 'Make Grid' tool appears to occasionally scramble the order as shown by the 'Grid Names' I have highlighted. As its almost in order it gave a false sense of looking as though it was designed to be in 'GridName' order, so it was not obvious that it needed to be sorted. To make the tool more intuitive it may make sense to give the option to sort by 'GridName' or just do it by default.

IraWatt_0-1629725819443.png

IraWatt_1-1629726110424.png

Thanks,

Ira 

0 Likes

The current encryption methodology (MD5) used by EncryptPassword to connect to databases does not satisfy the FIPS 140-2 encryption standard that is required by the US Federal Government.  The FIPS 140-2 compliance standard requires that any hardware or software cryptographic module implements algorithms from an approved list.

More information on FIPS 140-2: https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/fips/140/2/final

0 Likes

I have a workflow that sends an email to ServiceNow to create tickets.  I have another workflow that runs after that one to pull the ticket numbers used for reporting.  I thought I could combine the 2 workflows using a Block Until Done and then Wait a Second set for 120 seconds but I have found that the Email tool "runs as the last tool in your workflow".

Is it possible to change the runtime so it runs when called on?

BonusCup_0-1628780496831.png

0 Likes

I would really like to see .dif files added as a file option to the output tool. Currently, I have to output as an excel file and then open the file and save as a .dif file format. Figure if Excel can save the file format, Alteryx should be able as well.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Canvas settings can be used for providing more clarity and clutter-free look of complex workflows. For example, using Auto Route Perpendicular (where connection lines between tools are straight lines and break at 90 degrees and using different colours can really help in understanding workflow faster to someone who is looking at it for the first time. 

I know this is very subjective, but these additional customization settings can increase clarity in complex workflows. Especially when sharing workflow with others. 

slobodanium_0-1627908738048.png

Top Liked Authors