The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea
0 Likes

Hi,

Can a User's Community Identity and their level of certification be added as columns here (see picture)?  My thought is that my company wants Designer users to be Core Certified as a best practice and this would give us a way to monitor that.  

TimN_0-1670860056517.png

Thanks,

Tim

• General Suggestion

Just a few years ago I saw the Alteryx Server Certification Exam.

However now it is not possible to test the Server skills.

Please give an Alteryx Server Certification Exam.

• General Suggestion

Hello Community !

The idea for this post is to release functionality within the Alteryx community to reinforce the importance of marking posts as resolved once an answer has been provided. Some of the most active community members provide responses to posts numerous times a day, with no succinct ability to identify which responses were accepted as solutions, which in turn leads to many posts with received responses (many with correct responses) but those may not be marked as solutions.

I'd propose creating functionality within the "my recent activity" to filter by solutions where a user has provided a response, but the overall thread has no responses marked as resolved. This would allow community members who are assisting others, to ensure their questions have been answered by giving the ability to easily follow up if needed. By doing this, the idea would be to nudge the community to mark additional responses as resolved to improve the future finding solutions in the future.

gautiergodard_0-1667223752001.png

As a second recommendation perhaps push notification reminders could also be sent to members of the community posing the questions. If a post has received responses but none have been marked as a solution, perhaps a push notification could be sent to the user prompting them to review the responses. From there, an answer could be marked as accepted, or the submitter of the question could flag that they have not yet received an answer that matches their question. Here I am thinking of functionality similar to facebook marketplace where a seller receives a message like the below after a period of time:

gautiergodard_1-1667223780921.png

• General Suggestion
0 Likes

Lets hope that 

Making new groups and working on some tools and learning about that tools and related information by making this will help new joiners and students to improve their skills and knowledge in alteryx software development projects and making it possible to work with alteryx easy and flexible..

Let's make sure to join in the team group and learn more .... Thanks if you are agree with the topic like this or else just live it... 👍 

Hello all,

The process for updating Ideas status looks like a mess :
-Some ideas are implemented but not updated (I had to PM @JessL who nicely did it). And since the release notes are not complete as well, I wasn't aware one my ideas was released until a friend of mine showed me it works !

-Some ideas (at least several dozens) are Under review or Accepted for several years (more than 4 years)

Ideas status are very important for me, it gives customers an idea of the roadmap. This also helps to know where a release will bring features we need.

So please bring up to date status and maybe more transparency on how you deal wih ideas.

Best regards,

Simon

• General Suggestion
0 Likes

I often access the Alteryx community on-the-go and find myself using the forums quite a lot on mobile. There have been several instances where I have replied to a post and then needed to edit this afterwards. Without waiting to get to my laptop, I have so far found that the only option I have is to post another reply correcting my original post. Unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to find any functionality to simply 'edit' posts on mobile and from a search of existing posts/ideas, I can't find anything else requesting this. Apologies in advance if I have simply missed something here!

Thanks,

Nathan

It would be nice if the answers marked as solved were highlighted a little better. Currently, there is a little checkbox next to the start of the answer which can be hard to see when scrolling a longer list of answers. It would be nice if the answer was promoted to the top and also highlighted all in green (or at least a border.) that way it will be apparent when browsing through the chatter. 

It is nice how typing the @ symbol brings up a list of users already on a post that you're replying to. This makes tagging people quick and easy. 

Sometimes the list of users that have replied to a post is greater than the subset sample shown in this dropdown, however. In this case, you can start typing and the results do update, but it seems to return the best match from the Community at large. If I want to tag someone from this particular post I'm replying to, I often have to type out nearly the whole name before it is able to narrow down the search results to the user I want. I would love to be able to start typing just the first two characters of a username and have the list update while prioritizing the users relevant to the post

Just typing @:

Kenda_0-1649191211225.png

After typing pa:

Kenda_1-1649191240031.png

How many letters I had to type out before finally getting the result for the user who actually made the post I'm replying to:

Kenda_2-1649191426257.png

• General Suggestion

After searching something on the Community then scrolling to the bottom of the results, I may want to change the number of results per page with the provided drop down. When I do this, however, the webpage automatically scrolls back to the top of the page. This is inconvenient because then I have to scroll back down to find where I had last stopped so I know where to start skimming results again. It would be great if the additional results could load without moving my webpage around. Thanks!

• General Suggestion

Non English communities lack of a link to the Gallery.

Aguisande_0-1648170268667.png

Aguisande_1-1648170288270.png

Aguisande_2-1648170312525.png

Aguisande_3-1648170336433.png

Please add the link.

Thanks

Can we do a separate board for discussions and ideas related to Designer Cloud? There are some differences in how this relates to Designer today even including simple things like connecting to data and uploading data to make it accessible by the workflow which would make it confusing for new users if this is combined with Desktop Designer.

0 Likes

Hi there community team,

We've discussed this before but I wanted to re-raise this for consideration.

The Alteryx Community is super important to the alteryx platform and it is a big part of why people love and buy Alteryx.

The question is how we make this more available and convenient for people to use and be a part of.

Part of the solution seems to be offering the mobile experience - the underlying technology for community.alteryx.com (khoros) does have a mobile app - and it seems that by making community available in more places and in more ways it will allow more folk to contribute.

Is this something that we can consider for this year?

thank you

Sean

Is there any way to add filter/sort functionality on the events page when they are shown as a list? It looks like the default is to show events in chronological order, but maybe someone wants to see only events in Kansas or only events that are user group meetings.

Can the categories for the Gallery be sorted alphabetical and always keep that order ?

Same for the results (add the ability to sort)

• General Suggestion

It would be nice to have a Community format that is also geared toward sharing custom Macros and Workflow solutions as a way to give back to the Alteryx Community, rather than base the entire interaction on question / problem posting and offering solutions. I use Alteryx mostly on the software development side, so most of my solutions have to be more dynamic and universal. Most of us don't have time to stay on top of all of the new question posts and help users with "one off" workflow challenges, so it would be great for us to have a place to share some dynamic custom macros / solutions / tools that could save people a ton o f hassle and time.

Something along the lines of sharing "Use Cases" in combination with some custom dynamic workflow / macro solutions. I have tried to share things in the past and the Community structure is completely geared toward Q & A.

When I receive an email notification that one of my Community posts got a like, the subject line needs to be more clear. Currently, this is what it says:

Kenda_0-1624547938883.png

This is not very helpful. Instead of this mysterious "Subject $ '{'notification.message.subject}" line, the subject/link should be the title of the post that got the like. If I replied to a post and that response got the like, the title of the post I’m replying to would still be appropriate for the subject.

• General Suggestion
0 Likes

I write blog posts in the french community and once they are posted I can't edit them. Maybe this is the same for all communities.

It would be useful for the author to be able to edit blog posts after it has been posted.

The same goes for Knowledge base articles.

• General Suggestion
0 Likes

The 2021 Alteryx INSPIRE conference wrapped up this week. There were lots of inspiring presentations. Along the way I picked up the latest Tips & Tricks document prepared by Stephane Portier. This title has been a regular INSPIRE feature at past conferences and each issue contained a mix of valuable secrets and shortcuts to make the Alteryx experience even better.

This time the title is a little misleading. What Stephane has created is a very complete and organized guide to best practices for developers working with the Alteryx Developer application.

Stephane makes a strong case for developers to take the extra effort and attention needed to create robust, well documented and maintainable workflows that will evolve over time as requirements change and data sources morph.

He has drawn attention to the specific features and approaches that lead to the creation of structured workflows that can be easily understood and audited.  He provides guidance on techniques that work to maximize quality deliverables, yet minimize the effort needed to get there.  It is a gem.

Everyone wanting to do serious work with Alteryx Designer should keep this document handy.

I have attached a copy and encourage you to read it from end to end.

I encourage the editors of the Community to give this document a prominent position on the site. In addition, to encourage best practices across the community,  I can imagine a contest being created where the winners would be those who could best demonstrate following the advice given in this guide.

Hello Alteryx Team,

I know that there is an option to add the badge to LinkedIn but nowadays there are a lot of companies that are usign more and more the Credly platform to check your certifications.

The idea, is that the Alteryx certification badgeds will be added to your Credly Acclaim profile. I think it's not good that there is another company offering this badgeds in this platform, should be the Alteryx Community.

• General Suggestion

Hi,

This idea isn't my own. If I remembered correctly, it was mentioned by @MarqueeCrew. I hope he will not have anything against me posting it here 😀

In short, we don't have functionality in the community that would allow us to follow specific users. I think we have a couple of stars in the community that share quality content, and it would be amazing to receive a notification if they started a new topic or post a new article.

To my best knowledge, functionality like this should be relatively easy to implement, and it would allow us to learn best practices from those stars that we are following.

Top Liked Authors