Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Following/Friend Functionality

Hi,

This idea isn't my own. If I remembered correctly, it was mentioned by @MarqueeCrew. I hope he will not have anything against me posting it here 😀

In short, we don't have functionality in the community that would allow us to follow specific users. I think we have a couple of stars in the community that share quality content, and it would be amazing to receive a notification if they started a new topic or post a new article.

To my best knowledge, functionality like this should be relatively easy to implement, and it would allow us to learn best practices from those stars that we are following.

4 Comments
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Thanks for posting this @Emil_Kos , I agree it would be a great feature to have.

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

I think that this idea has been thrown around multiple times in various groups, and it's a fantastic one!  We'll be checking out the feasibility of getting this implemented, and will need to scope out what the project would look like. We'll definitely keep you posted with any updates we have though!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

Hey everyone, we discussed this already and we're moving it to Revisit later.  We're planning on some Profile updates that this could be included with in the future, but until we get that project started, it's going to be on hold for a bit.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great idea!