The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

Is it possible to have Output like below in Insight?

Ozone

Solar.R

Wind

Temp

Month

Day

0 Likes

Hello,

The new tool chart does not have an option to choose other colors in the Pie Chart and is not possible edit in XML because the structure is different from the previous version.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm not finding it anywhere as a current option, but my company uses branded PowerPoint slides using our logo, these slides are in 16.:9 (widescreen) for slide size, but Alteryx won't output to that size even if I choose custom for page size & have Widescreen selected as an option. Could there be an Advanced Options button added that would allow users more output choices, like choosing the 16:9 ratio size output? Without it, I'm having to output the largest map I can create (13 x 9.75 in Report Map tool) and then stretch/shrink to get it to fit the 16:9 slide...for every single map/slide (currently making 40 maps at once).

Is there a work around to accomplish my goal currently? And if not, could the option be added to the Render tool? Thank you!

We would like to see more configuration options for renders to PowerPoint PPT. Specifically, we would like to be able to add headers, footers, and repeat column headers in the same way we can with PDF renders.

Refer to this unresolved question:

Powerpoint as an output of macro

@jaq734@Prasanna921

I was discussing these suggestions with our Account Manager last year and was advised that they would be taken into consideration for the planned 2018 Reporting upgrades.  When I inquired about the status, I was advised to post here.

1. Add “Freeze Panes” option
  2. RENDER multiple formatted Tables into 1 Excel file, each on its own NAMED tab (If you use the OUTPUT tool, you cannot format the data.  If you RENDER you cannot name the tabs or export multiple tabs to one file)
  3. Changing the column width from “inches” to “number of characters”

0 Likes

Hi,

I am sure that I can't be the only person that would be interested in an output tool that allows categorical fields on both axes.  THis would allow you to visualise the following example and I would suggest that this was either similar to the heatmap with boxes or the colour / size of the entry was determined by a third numerical value - such as 'Confidence' from the table below.  THere might be ways to extend the idea as well as having a fourth parameter that puts text in the box or another number but it would be useful and not too hard I am sure.

LHS

RHS

Support

Confidence

Lift

NA

{Carrots Winter}

{Onion}

5.01E-02

{Onion}

{Carrots Winter}

5.01E-02

9.20E-02

{Carrots}

{Onion}

4.39E-02

{Onion}

{Carrots}

4.39E-02

8.06E-02

{Peas}

{Onion}

3.20E-02

{Onion}

{Peas}

3.20E-02

5.87E-02

{Bean}

{Onion}

2.20E-02

{Carrots Nantaise}

{Onion}

2.08E-02

Many thanks in advance for considering this,

Peter

I've added a table tool that also has the bar graph enabled. The data I'm basing the bar graph off of is set to 5 decimal precision, but the bars round to the nearest whole number, making the feature essentially pointless in my scenario. Is there a way to have the bars dynamically adjust to the amount of decimal precision? I'm guessing most folks are exporting their data to a viz tool and not many folks are using the table tool in this context. table settings.PNGbar graph over simplified.PNG

Hello Community & Devs!

This idea consists of a couple of requests that are related to the same topic - table styling using the formula field.  As most probably know, the table tool offers column/row specific formatting.  Some of the basic formatting offered in the configuration are: fonts, texts colors, and backgrounds.  For anything that doesn't fall into these types of formatting rules, there is a "Formula" option that allows the user to define CSS-like statements to format the selected column, row, or cell.  Related to this formula, I have two requests:

1. I would like a double border to be included as an option.  After speaking with a support engineer, they do not believe this is currently available.  The double border is used in most financial documents as the "sum line".  I see a lot of uses for this, especially in my industry.  I would expect a formula like this: "border-top: 1px solid double black;" to give a result like this:Desired OutputDesired OutputBut it gives a result like this:Current Alteryx OutputCurrent Alteryx Output
  2. I would like to see additional documentation on this Style Formula field so users have a reference when attempting to do advanced styling on a table.  I don't think it's sufficient to say, "Use of this requires a solid understanding of CSS styles" if all CSS styling options aren't available.  Documentation would at least let us know that what we are attempting to do isn't possible.

Thanks for considering my ideas!

-Nick

Hi,

This feature isn't a must - but would definitely be a nice to have.

Similar to the excel having a tab with key figures like average, count and sum 

It would be a really good idea to do something similar within Alteryx just to have a quick glance on key figures/functions (example attached - apologise for the bad paint job but definitely would look good with Alteryx colour scheme)

Thanks

This appears to be a bug with either the Layout Tool or the Render Tool. When I setup two Tables using the Horizontal Layout Tool and export to Excel using the Render tool, the font size of the bottom-right cell of the first table is too large. No amount of changing the font properties within the Alteryx Reporting tools appears to fix this.

BugExample1.png

It would be very helpful to be able to export your entire workflow to a poster-sized paper, either in paper or PDF format.  When explaining a workflow to others, or getting feedback, the ability to see the entire workflow or lay it out on a table is very helpful

It would be great if there was a way to convert datatypes within the Table Reporting tool.  The specific example that sparked this idea is calculating percentages so they are shown in the report with the decimal place moved over.  Today, within the formula tool I need to calculate the percentage and then multiply it by 100 in order for it to display the way I'd like in the report.  However, if I need to leverage this percentage for another formula I most likely will have to divide the percentage I calculated first by 100 before I continue my calculation.

It would be nice to not have to multiply by 100 to move the decimal place over 2 spots and instead use the table tool to convert the number into a percentage we're all used to seeing.  I'm thinking something similar to excel where you can click percentage, currency, etc to convert your number.

It would be lovely if the Image tool supports GIFs when using the .PCXML and HTML options in the render tool.  Understandably, it would use it's .PNG format when using other render options, such as PDF etc.

In user settings you can define a "Logging Directory" and if you do the system will send the Output Log (Results view messages) to a file in that folder.  The name generated is Alteryx_Log_ + an apparent sequential number, example: Alteryx_Log_1519833221_1.

This makes it impossible to identify which flow it is associated with and which instance of execution simply by looking at the name, you have to parse the content to see the flow name and start/end timestamps.  For trouble shooting we want to be able to look at the list of file names and quickly see which file, of possibly hundreds of files, we need to look at to see what went wrong.

Roughly, in all versions of Alteryx Designer, you can use the Annotations tab and rename a tool.  This is awesome for execution in designer, because you can then easily search for certain tool names, better document your workflow, and see the custom tool name in the Workflow Results.

However, when log files are generated, either via email, the AlteryxGallery settings, or an AlteryxEngineCMD command, each tool is recorded using only its default name of "ToolId Toolnumber", which is not particularly descriptive and makes these log files harder to parse in the case of an error.

Having the custom names show in these log files would go a long way towards improving log readability for enterprise systems, and would be an amazing feature add/fix.  For users who prefer that the default format be shown, this could be considered as a request to ADD renames in addition to the existing format.  EG "Input Data 1" that I have renamed to "Load business Excel File" could be shown in the log as:

00:00:0.003 - ToolId 1 - Load business Excel File: 1 record was read from File Finished in 00:00:0.004

Scenario:

Upstream tools end in a Summarize Tool that has set of records with the following fields:  EmailAddress, AttachmentUNCPath.  So you get a bunch of recipients with various attachments.  Each recipient can have different attachments, and this will change each time it's run.  In other words, it's fully dynamic.  

If the same recipient has multiple attachments, then it would be nice to group the recipient and just separate the attachments with a semi-colon (or whatever) in the same field.  Essentially creating one record per recipient, and therefore one email per recipient, and having the Email Tool attach each file.  In other words, mbarone@paychex.com gets one email with 5 attachments.  And next week maybe only 3 attachments, and so on.  

Currently the only way I see to accomplish this is with a batch macro.  

Would be infinitely more convenient to just have the Email Tool by default accept multiple attachments in a field as long as they are separated by a semi-colon, much like occurs in the "to" field.

0 Likes

The chart tool is really nice to create quick graphics efficiently, especially when using a batch macro, but the biggest problem I have with it is the inability to replace the legend icon (the squiggle line) with just a square or circle to represent the color of the line. The squiggly line is confusing and I think the legend would look crisper with a solid square, or circle, or even a customized icon!

Thank You!!!!

I would like an separate tool for rendering excel file, or more options in the render tool. Currently you have to manually give the size of the output sheet, and it makes all of the columns on the spreadsheet look odd. Having additional options like "Auto page size" would be tremendous. 

While completing the weekly challenge number 98, @patrick_digan and I noticed some unexpected behaviours while processing images.

Details:

When doing basic functions on fields containing reporting snippets - these fields lose their type and cease to work as reporting snippets.   Detail in screenshots below.

This is the workflowThis is the workflow

You can see that the report snippets are appropriately markedYou can see that the report snippets are appropriately markedVery basic formula -for most fields there is no change madeVery basic formula -for most fields there is no change madeYou can see here that the reporting snippets have now benen brokenYou can see here that the reporting snippets have now benen brokenBrowsing / rendering is now brokenBrowsing / rendering is now broken

In Table tool column headings using the table and render tools should offer ability to wrap and justify (horizontal and vertical).  right now you can justify a column and the heading may or may not stack (wrap) based on table size and the width configuration in the table tool.  I wish you could give a it more control like we have in Excel, for example left justified and wrap for a column heading with blanks separating words results in auto stacking the words based on column width, auto or manual width control.

Top Liked Authors