The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

It would be great if you could link a comment box to an object.  This would be great because if the objects moves for what ever reason the comment would stay with it.   

it would be nice Street Geocoding tool can be capable of accepting Latitude and Longitude and spit out the address like Reverse Geo Coding . The reverse Geo coding currently using TomTom is too slow to process hundred thousands records.. if the data is already local to our system in form of CASS or Street Geocoder that will be certainly faster. 

When I put a map snippet into a report, there is no border. Therefore, road segments just terminate into whitespace.

Please add an option to create a border around the map snippet.Map With No BorderMap With No Border

Map With A BorderMap With A Border

The Workflow configuration window currently has "Canvas" as the default tab when clicking on whitespace in a workflow. 

Since workflow orientation, annotation settings, and progress settings tend to be consistent for a user, I think it makes more sense to have the default tab on something that might be more relevant to the user.

Workflow provides information that is useful...location of the workflow and constants related to the workflow.

Runtime has settings that can change often as the user is developing out the workflow.

So either of these would provide better access to more important info that that found on the Canvas tab.

Hi Folks

So have been using the fuzzy match function quite a bit of recently. Love the tool, however it could benefit form being able to wire in a list of 'Don't generate' keywords. 

At the moment we can enter them manually, however where for example i might want to exclude city or area names etc... from the do not generate list this becomes quite a tedious manual entry task, so being able to load in keyword data from pre-existing lists etc.. would be a time saver. 

Cheers

Gavin

Regularly put true in or false in expecting it to work in a formula. 

Ideas:

1. In the workspace (i.e. the white space) the perimeter is not fixed so when working with tool containers near a border and you place a tool inside the container the container expands outside the workspace, which makes the container useless since you can't select it
  2. The ability to disable multiple tool containers at once

RTC.PNG

Hi there, 

In working through the Udacity assignment on AB testing (again, thank you @PatrickN ), it seems that there's no obvious way to use location directly as a distance factor for selecting control units.

Additionally - the identifier field for a unit has to be a character field.

It seems that here would be a lot of value in making 2 changes to this tool:

a) allowing for integer unit identifiers (like store ID - not sure why a character is required)

b) using an actual point (location) to determine closest potential control unit.     

- This is particularly important in the US where two towns may be very close to each other although they are in different states

- So the actual distance on the earth's surface would be a better indicator of closeness between test & control units than state or county.

2017-10-22_15-26-08.png

Hi,

Would it be possible to add additional sections to the 'Summarise Tool' such as one for dates so that you might be able to group by Year, Month, Quarter, Week or a combination of all these. There are other extensions that could also be considered such as group with nulls or without that would make this tool far more usable and not dependent on data manipulation prior to it; you might offer to have all nulls grouped and called something else for readability and this shouldn't be very hard at all to implement.

Kind regards,

Peter 

When moving external data into the database, the underlying SQL looks like:

CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY  TABLE "AYX16020836880b41e08246b59ee8c"

My client would like to add a prefix to the table as:

CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY  TABLE MMMM999_DM_USER."AYX16020836880b41e08246b59ee8c"

where MMMM999_DM_USER is supplied in the configuration.

A service account  automatically sets the current session to something like MMMM999 (alter session set curent schema=MMMM999;)

Provide the ability to gather this metadata for dynamic select. This could unlock data hygiene needs by allowing users to readily select fields with: blanks, nulls, unique or not, avg min max, etc.

Cheers,

Mark

I saw this article (Oculus App Makes Programming Tangible To Non-Coders) and immediately thought of Alteryx.

How about a virtual reality based version where the user can be in the canvas and reach out and touch their data directly?

My users love having the ability to pick objects from a reference file in the Map tool in the Interface palette.  However, usually they need to pick objects that are interspersed amongst others.  The Control + Left Click works great, until they pick an incorrect object.  The only option is to clear the selection and start over.

Please add something as simple as Control + Left Click on a selected object will deselect it.

Best,

David

So when you double click a word in Any other program it only highlights that word, for fast easy replacement

ex. [Field Number One]

If you double clicked any of these words in any other program you would only highlight JUST the word.

In Alteryx if you double click the same word you're gonna grab the space to the right of the word AND THE BRACKET on the left making the double click functionality useless.

Please fix.

It would be nice if we could use our gallery with a mobile app. We like to run demographics on site and have to pull up on the ipad.

Also, if instead of typing in an address, we could use the iphones "current location" option. 

There is a lot of usage of calendar events in business world. Having a native sync and input functions for popular calendar formats like ical or google calendars will save a lot of time

The issue : we have to regurlary change our passwords. It implies changing it for all the connections alias (at least for standard connections). 

What I'm looking for :

A commande line to execute like :
alteryxpw.exe -connection {alias name} -connection_type {user/system} -connection_mode {standard/indb} -pw {new password}

This command line could be executed by a powerhsell script.

Description: I have configured a number of customized MapServer files rather than having to manually configure each layer in the ReportMap tool.

For reference, these are stored in the <Alteryx Data Install Folder>\AlteryxMap\TomTom_US_2015_Q3, for the TomTom US - Current Vintage reference base map. Below is a picture of the many versions of the .map configuration file I have created.

My current list of .map files

Rationale: Using these different files is cumbersome and inefficient. To switch out a map file, I have to rename the current .map file to a dummy name. Then I have to rename the desired file to be the name that the existing file was. Additionally, I can only have one .map file in use at any one time and all of the workflows running use the same one.

Idea: Allow user to choose which .map file to use from within the Report Map tool.

This suggestion is particularly relevant for macros and custom tools created with the Python SDK, but I think it can apply to other tools as well.

When searching for tools in Alteryx, I can easily find tools I want fairly quickly.  However, I often don't know which tool category it is in, which can sometimes slow me down (it is sometimes faster/easier for me to go to the tool category, rather than search for the tool I want).

As a quick example, I just installed the Word Cloud tool that @NeilR shared here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/Python-Tool-Challenge-BUILD-a-Python-tool-and-win-a-prize... .  I was able to find the tool really easily using search once it was installed, but in order to find the tool category, I either had to unzip the .yxi file and find out where it was, or click around through the tool categories until I found it (it was in the Reporting tools, which makes a lot of sense).

Could we add something either to the search window or to the description/config of tools which calls out where a given tool is in the Tool Palette?

Hello, 

It was be nice if we could see the Regex Tool be a little more interactive. I am thinking a little more similar to the Formula tool where you can have expression display. I often use this site first https://regex101.com/  to practice a Regex formula before applying it. I love how this site highlights the data as you build the expression and also provide a comprehensive quick reference. Just an idea to make it easier for those non Regex experts. 

Thanks, 

Derek 

Top Liked Authors